No Memory - Spill the beans! (UPDATE PAGE 7)

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Re: No Memory - Spill the beans! (UPDATE PAGE 7)

Postby Eivind August » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:18 am

No problem, man! :hug: As I said, I was able to dial out the ghost, and get some awesome sounds out of the pedal. So there's really no rush to get it fixed. In a way, I'm glad it wasn't just my mind playing tricks on me. The way you explained it, the settings I use are actually a bit extreme. Hey, if you make a production version without a mod-switch, you could make a momentary ghostfeedbackswitch.

And as UC said, I'll be happy to pay for shipping from Norway.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby goroth » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:44 am

I think with the revised wiring (and less interaction between range and time) the mod stomp switch is a definite must. If worse comes to worse find a different name for the switch to better describe its effect, but it essentially allows you to set a normal nice setting and a holy-shit-theres-tape-spooling-onto-the-floor-aaaargh-my-album setting. Apart from the lag (which I am starting to fucking love) it makes it a really useful and individual delay. Delays are almost passé now, there are so many with "switchable modulation", but to come with such a spin on it, that's actually unique and makes it stick out from the crowd.

DO IT!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Tristan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:48 am

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:it would really have to be internal to fit nicely.
as for the package - maybe? i *think* it would just be shipped back to me but i'm not totally sure about that process. idk

For me as long as it works it doesn't really have to fit nicely, it could be on the side of the enclosure, I'd put the ghost echo function on a footswitch if possible, but I'm cray like that. :D
I don't know exactly either how that works with return packages, I'll try to find out.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Tristan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:50 am

goroth wrote:I think with the revised wiring (and less interaction between range and time) the mod stomp switch is a definite must. If worse comes to worse find a different name for the switch to better describe its effect, but it essentially allows you to set a normal nice setting and a holy-shit-theres-tape-spooling-onto-the-floor-aaaargh-my-album setting. Apart from the lag (which I am starting to fucking love) it makes it a really useful and individual delay. Delays are almost passé now, there are so many with "switchable modulation", but to come with such a spin on it, that's actually unique and makes it stick out from the crowd.

DO IT!

Dude, goroth, no comprende, you mean you like the "faulty" wiring which is the "holy-shit-theres-tape-spooling-onto-the floor-aaaargh-my-album setting" right, or are you referring to something else with that?
Oh man, I'm gassing hard for mine to get here, so far the video's have been so insanely awesome!
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby univalve » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:06 am

Yeah, that waiting sucks Big ass.
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:28 am

univalve wrote:Yeah, that waiting sucks Big ass.

check your PM
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:30 pm

I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with mine. Whatever you did Brian, it sounds awesome. Whether on purpose or not! LOL! I'm digging the shit out of it! I do know the range knob makes it go wacky as shit, but I think it's cool.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Bellyheart » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:40 pm

Your demos are making me excited. The distortion from the no memory is too cool.
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby zeravla » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:58 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:
EvilCatBucky wrote:Does this mean those of us that haven't received our pedals yet should expect the fix already done when they arrive or have they already shipped?

you guys will get them wired correctly. most if not all will ship on tuesday!

(hate to keep bugging you but) by wired correctly will we have the switch to make it wacky or just wired the way you feel it should have been done originally?
Because I'd love the ability to make it weirder. :lol:
If your cost to make it that way is more (time and materials) I'd definitely be willing to cough up the scratch, because it sounds like you had the happiest of accidents.
zeravla

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Tristan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:01 pm

Yeah, I have the feeling it's a happy accident too! :D
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:18 pm

personally, i think you can get all of the same weird sounds out of the pedal in it's intended configuration, with some more versatility and less unpredictability. let me try to explain:

currently range (and bend to some degree) work both when the modulation is engaged and when bypassed. delay times can change somewhat randomly to a *really* long time (around 8-10 seconds) and may or may not recover back to the original time.

what should be happening and will be on the others i'm mailing out is that range and bend do not work *at all* when modulation is bypassed. when the modulation is engaged, bend and range work exactly as they do now. the delay time still does change slightly when the modulation is engaged (a quirk of the way i'm modulating it - it gets a little slower) but basically you get more options out of the pedal.
1. you can switch between a non-modulated delay and a modulated delay with the mod bypass
2. you can switch between two different delay times with the mod bypass - you set bend to minimum and the range knob extends the range of the delay up to around 8-10 garbage seconds.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:13 pm

Tristan wrote:
goroth wrote:I think with the revised wiring (and less interaction between range and time) the mod stomp switch is a definite must. If worse comes to worse find a different name for the switch to better describe its effect, but it essentially allows you to set a normal nice setting and a holy-shit-theres-tape-spooling-onto-the-floor-aaaargh-my-album setting. Apart from the lag (which I am starting to fucking love) it makes it a really useful and individual delay. Delays are almost passé now, there are so many with "switchable modulation", but to come with such a spin on it, that's actually unique and makes it stick out from the crowd.

DO IT!

Dude, goroth, no comprende, you mean you like the "faulty" wiring which is the "holy-shit-theres-tape-spooling-onto-the floor-aaaargh-my-album setting" right, or are you referring to something else with that?
Oh man, I'm gassing hard for mine to get here, so far the video's have been so insanely awesome!

Brian's post above explains it. At the moment it's difficult to get both normal and wacky sounds - you can get one or the other. New wiring will be rad and allow both.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby zeravla » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:55 pm

Thanks for the explanations. Unpredictability can be fun but being able to dial in what you need the same every time is definitely more useful in most applications. I'm stoked to get my hands on it, just gotta figure out which delay it's probably going to end up knocking off my board.
zeravla

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Tristan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:11 pm

Got it, that makes sense dudes, it might be a cool add on feature though if you end up primarily using the No Memory to fuck things up. :D
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:16 pm

LAL Cyber Psychic into No Memory w/ modulation. This pretty much sums up the reaction of my girlfriend, her friend, and me.

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to smallsound/bigsound