Buzzz...?

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Re: Buzzz...?

Postby MrNovember » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:43 pm

Eric! wrote:Are the Buzzzes all just silicon now or is this four-toggle still a thing?

As far as I know they're all Si/Ge and it's just not mentioned on the website :idk:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Ev_O))) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:51 am

For those of you who have a buzzz and a mini, (I'm sure there's a few) what's your fav way of stacking?

I have been going low-gain, loud and trebly mini into a moderate gain, 12 oclock starve and loud buzz, all switches right. Mad fun.
I make noise, droney music: http://blasariusyonder.com
Joel Korte wrote:It's always your fucking fault
Ev_O)))

experienced
experienced

Postby UnicornTrap » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:06 pm

My 2nd day with a buzzz now. I have the 4 switch one with the SI/GE option. I haven't played with it enough, but (improperly) flipping some of the switches caused the left foot switch engage to turn any 3-4 string chords almost immediately into walls of white noise static. I found this pretty hilarious, and it was also before I figured out that if I wanna play (uhh "normal") I should turn the starve almost all the way to the right lol. I also was fiddling with the using the toneblast to engage not just a mid scoop but basically turning into entire signal into weird crackling farts. weeeeee. I jammed the hell out of the buzzz with the switches all the way to the right with the octave on/off with the starve almost all the way to the right and the treble up around 3-4 o clock (guitar into a vox ac4 in the bedroom).

I have my mini after it and I did like it dirty boosted quite a bit with the bias around 3, gain 9-10 and volume at 3 with some bass+treble boostin. The buzzz also did really well with my (clean) boost if I just wanted the raw tones. With stacking, one thing I noticed that with the octave engage and a dirty od after it (mini or monarch) that rolling the volume back on my telecaster actually made it sound louder and "heavier" to my ears.... eliminating some of the bass mud and making the octave more prominent, is what I think I'm hearing.

Awesome stuff. my 2nd ss/bs pedal and won't be my last I'm sure :!!!:
UnicornTrap

committed
committed

Postby tommyrocket » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:47 pm

Until I got my hands on an old Univox I was seriously holy grail questing for the best current superfuzz style pedal. Ryan of fuzzrocious recommended this sucker to me and it is BRUTALLLLLLL!!! I bop between this and the old superfuzz, hard to decide what I dig more honestly. The tone knob on this is awesome and it has more grit too. My Superfuzz might have a bit more octave action and I love it on its own but it's easier to stack this with other stuff than the old pedal too. Definitely dig it over the black cat or Wattson efy-6 [though that one is fun to stack with stuff]. I think mine has a switch on the left for volume boost as well. Also it has skulls with eyes that light up. Bonus!
tommyrocket

interested
interested

Postby neonblack » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:54 pm

That switch goes between silicon and germanium. Play around with it, you get some fairly different textures and tones from the two sides.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goosekevin » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:56 pm

goosekevin wrote:
neonblack wrote:
tomlane95 wrote:i finally stopped fucking around and got a buzzz

holy heavy, only got it today so obv still in the honeymoon phase but this thing is sick, well done brian! its got such a wide range, like everything ssbs and its the most fun pedal i have played perhaps ever
with the mids scooped the subs were shaking my floor a bit which is something i havent experienced before and now want to experience every day

So now that the honeymoon is over, how are you feeling about it?

I finally stopped tweaking and found a couple settings I really like. I keep mine on low gain mode with the octave on the stomp. Gain at 10 o clock, treble maxed, starve turned down just a little. Its a nice fuzzy OD without the octave, and then a great "lead bass" tone with it on. Not the absolute heaviest on its own, but when I stack it into my TAFM- Holy hell.

i really dig it still :!!!:
my amp is about to die so i may have to sell it and a bunch of other stuff i like to upgrade and drop down to one fuzz on the board :cry: but if i can work around it, i'll be keeping it for sure
stacks great usually and i looooove having the octave on a footswitch, the scoop is too dramatic for me but i can see its use, both scooped and non scooped sound cool

very cool pedal, but the tafm is still my #1

Update: I put it up for sale a while back because I stopped gelling with it after getting it back from being repaired but hot damn I'm glad I took it down before it sold
Potentially overtaken the TAFM as my #1 love
So much range in this pedal

Gain dimed with starve almost all the way back is so killer and texturey :!!!:
Low gain is amazing too

Everyone get a buzzz and then keep it around for a while
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Doctor X » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:00 am

tommyrocket wrote:My Superfuzz might have a bit more octave action and I love it on its own but it's easier to stack this with other stuff than the old pedal too.

i seem to remember there being some kind of trimpot to set the octave level balance? or maybe that is on the superpuzzle or earlier versions
Sold to: dan_abnormal (3 times), Abanoise, Kayzer, Ragged Trousers, Schlatte
Bought from: McSpunckle, RitalinCupcake, Tendollarcat, Brobee, Ryan, cedarskies, behndy
Doctor X

experienced
experienced

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:39 pm

Doctor X wrote:
tommyrocket wrote:My Superfuzz might have a bit more octave action and I love it on its own but it's easier to stack this with other stuff than the old pedal too.

i seem to remember there being some kind of trimpot to set the octave level balance? or maybe that is on the superpuzzle or earlier versions

no octave balance trim - i match the transistors but as always there may be some variance in resistors, caps, etc. which may lead to a more/less pronounced octave.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby misterstomach » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:21 am

i just ate pizza, but your pizza cat avatar makes me want more pizza every single time i see it. also, this pedal sounds rad and i want to try it.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:38 pm

misterstomach wrote:i just ate pizza, but your pizza cat avatar makes me want more pizza every single time i see it. also, this pedal sounds rad and i want to try it.

i always want pizza. and cats. and pedals. so i agree
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:34 pm

vidret wrote:bought one, it fucking rules. total holy shit.

:hug: :hug: :hug:
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:20 am

vidret wrote:bought one, it fucking rules. total holy shit.

ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby neonblack » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:28 pm

Would it be possible to get rid of the scoop switch and put the hi gain/low gain toggle on the stomp instead? That would be mega tits.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:33 pm

neonblack wrote:Would it be possible to get rid of the scoop switch and put the hi gain/low gain toggle on the stomp instead? That would be mega tits.

yeah sure. it would definitely have to be a custom build because of the way the circuit board is laid out with the switches.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:46 pm

Sounds interesting, does the high gain / low gain change the volume too or not that much?
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to smallsound/bigsound