year4545 settings - post them here!

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Re: year4545 settings - post them here!

Postby Eric! » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:24 pm

I usually just kinda improv it. I've played with it a lot, so I get what does what, but it's difficult to articulate. Just spend a while with it near the front of your chain (and play loud, trust me), and after a while, you should (hopefully) understand its ways :D
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:37 pm

Been trying some of these settings and messing around more with the 4545. I LOVE IT! Just takes some getting used to. Great pedal!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:06 pm

jwar wrote:Been trying some of these settings and messing around more with the 4545. I LOVE IT! Just takes some getting used to. Great pedal!

i knew you'd come around... :thumb: :hug:
post your settings if you find any good ones!
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eric! » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:10 pm

I'm gonna just start recording wankery videos with the 4545. It's so good.
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tigerbass » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:45 am

jwar wrote:Been trying some of these settings and messing around more with the 4545. I LOVE IT! Just takes some getting used to. Great pedal!

Me too. Not the easiest pedal to dial in, but I'm working on it.
私はファズを愛して = I love the fuzz.
Tigerbass

HERO
HERO

Postby Eric! » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:55 am

It will come, I assure you :D
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby 01010111 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:52 pm

Just curious if this is normal. I'll get a setting dialed in, enjoy it for all of two seconds and then the sound will change as though someone's turned the knob. Is this normal? Is mine haunted? What?

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Toonster » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:04 pm

wfs1234 wrote:Just curious if this is normal. I'll get a setting dialed in, enjoy it for all of two seconds and then the sound will change as though someone's turned the knob. Is this normal? Is mine haunted? What?

Maybe post the setting so others can try it out?
Toonster

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:18 pm

wfs1234 wrote:Just curious if this is normal. I'll get a setting dialed in, enjoy it for all of two seconds and then the sound will change as though someone's turned the knob. Is this normal? Is mine haunted? What?

does it get softer/more dull? there are a few settings that do darken up or in other cases just subtly shift in tone after you set the sound then start playing harder. i *think* is has to do with the transistors reaching their saturation/cutoff point, but i need to do some more reading on this - especially since the transistors are not being used in a "normal" way...
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby 01010111 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:59 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:does it get softer/more dull? there are a few settings that do darken up or in other cases just subtly shift in tone after you set the sound then start playing harder. i *think* is has to do with the transistors reaching their saturation/cutoff point, but i need to do some more reading on this - especially since the transistors are not being used in a "normal" way...

That sounds about right, it'll be pretty rippin for a second then dullen after a second or two of playing. As though the oscillators are having sweet sonic sex at these points, orgasming, and releasing. Kinda like this when he's talking about Anthony Hopkins (but much briefer)

If memory serves, these settings occur mostly when the x and y osc are in the middle position, with the x knob in the 2-5 range and the y knob in the 7-11 range. I'll post the problem settings in the morning, maybe a clip if i'm ambitious. And I'm using the four knob small version.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:12 pm

if you roll of the guitar volume a little bit i think you'll get a little less of that happening. i'll try it out tomorrow
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hazelwould » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:57 am

Mine did the same thing. It'll sound one way and then change LITERALLY as you hold a note out. I Iove it... :snax:
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:33 pm

i have the feeling that's going to be one of those love it or hate it sort of things. :hobbes:
it's pretty consistent on the settings that DO do that though. :p
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby 01010111 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:56 pm

Yeah I found the settings: both switches in the middle, y at minimum, z at minimum, and the effect will happen everywhere on the x knob except maximum, and become more pronounced when the volume knob on the guitar is rolled off.

This bothered me quite a bit when I first got it because I was trying to figure things out with the switches in the middle and about a third of the settings would do this changing business. I like playing with knobs when I'm playing, but the band doesn't...they're dumb. The only reason I care is I try to find my awesome settings at home, take the board to band practice and use said tones with as little fuss as possible. I love this fuzz, I just didn't know if that was normal or if my unit was messed up.

My favorite setting is: x at 1, y at 12:30, and playing with the other knobs and the switches yields many splattery, fuzzy, synthy, filtery tones. Throw a little chorus/flange on after some of the synth settings and you have instant moog-like synth fun. These are a few of my favorite settings:

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby futuresailors » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:49 pm

Fuzz with harmonic dinosaur oscillation swell-
x 3:15
y 3:00
z 2:00
xx down
yy up

It's a pretty straightforward fuzz when you're playing, but when you stop,a pack of veloscillaptors come out.
Tom Dalton wrote:You're a dumbass for making this thread to begin with. :hello:

magiclawnchair wrote:fuck that bitter old man

smile_man wrote:
ifeellikeatourist wrote:Pedals aren't everything, yada, yada, yeah I know.

fuck you.

McSpunckle wrote:I ctrl+f'd mountain goats and decided we aren't friends anymore.
futuresailors

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to smallsound/bigsound