what would you want the next ss/bs pedal to feature?

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Re: what would you want the next ss/bs pedal to feature?

Postby Wes Mantooth » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:43 pm

What I would give for some kind of ss/bs Flanger/Phaser combo...

:drool:
Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

Postby JamesHommersen » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:04 pm

Wes Mantooth wrote:What I would give for some kind of ss/bs Flanger/Phaser combo...

+ 1,000,000 I'd totally fucking buy one
JamesHommersen

Supporter
Supporter

Postby TheRiotTapes » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:24 am

The thing I'd like, more than anything else, is an auto fade -in/-out box. But one that could optionally effect the fading signal as well. So, like a high pass filter on a guitar that faded in, and the length of the fade could be adjusted.

The perfect tool for song intros. ;)
TheRiotTapes

interested
interested

Postby madmax1012 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:41 pm

some sort of delay, but i'm sure that's been mentioned before... possibly the SS/BS DFAD------->Don't fuck around delay
Fuzzy Fred wrote: please excuse me. can we keep this discussion civil and about donkey fucking?

hbombgraphics wrote:Why does it have to be Digital, but with an analog soul and buffalo semen???
madmax1012

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Eric! » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:53 pm

madmax1012 wrote:some sort of delay, but i'm sure that's been mentioned before... possibly the SS/BS DFAD------->Don't fuck around delay

Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tigerbass » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:43 pm

JamesHommersen wrote:
Wes Mantooth wrote:What I would give for some kind of ss/bs Flanger/Phaser combo...

Good Grief I'd totally fucking marry one!!!
私はファズを愛して = I love the fuzz.
Tigerbass

HERO
HERO

Postby jrmy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:58 pm

Tigerbass wrote:
JamesHommersen wrote:

Well, Brian did already do modulation on the Blargg-o-tron-o-tron... it would be pretty badass to see if he'd use that as a jumping off point for a standalone pedal... especially if you could randomize the modulation...
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:55 pm

Octave pedal.
-one down (no fuzz, good tracking)
-two down (no fuzz, good tracking)
-one up (fuzzy ring modish style)
-glitch control (bad tracking + add some dirt)
-filter control (stuck wah style)

I'm not able to find an octave pedal I like... maybe you could take care of that?

.... please :)
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby univalve » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:31 am

jrmy wrote:
Tigerbass wrote:
JamesHommersen wrote:

Well, Brian did already do modulation on the Blargg-o-tron-o-tron... it would be pretty badass to see if he'd use that as a jumping off point for a standalone pedal... especially if you could randomize the modulation...

CV Input on Blargg --> put a random LFO in it :hello:
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MSUsousaphone » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:04 pm

I would dig some sort of white noise generator....like vinyl...crackling. Fuzzy vinyl decaying crackling. There's a few white noise generators that can add the artifacts on top of the sound...but I haven't heard any where the artifacts are in the sound....or the sound is in the artifacts. I know it makes sense but I have yet to hear a pedal get exactly what's in my head.

Like....if the pedal had an expression jack....and when the expression pedal's toe is down, it's just straight up gnarly fuzz. But as the heel starts to go down the notes gets more distant and shoegazey and starts to crackle all staticy and stuff....
MSUsousaphone

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Eric! » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:20 pm

MSUsousaphone wrote:I would dig some sort of white noise generator....like vinyl...crackling. Fuzzy vinyl decaying crackling. There's a few white noise generators that can add the artifacts on top of the sound...but I haven't heard any where the artifacts are in the sound....or the sound is in the artifacts. I know it makes sense but I have yet to hear a pedal get exactly what's in my head.

Like....if the pedal had an expression jack....and when the expression pedal's toe is down, it's just straight up gnarly fuzz. But as the heel starts to go down the notes gets more distant and shoegazey and starts to crackle all staticy and stuff....

You, sir, will love what the future holds..
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MSUsousaphone » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:42 pm

Eric! wrote:
MSUsousaphone wrote:I would dig some sort of white noise generator....like vinyl...crackling. Fuzzy vinyl decaying crackling. There's a few white noise generators that can add the artifacts on top of the sound...but I haven't heard any where the artifacts are in the sound....or the sound is in the artifacts. I know it makes sense but I have yet to hear a pedal get exactly what's in my head.

You, sir, will love what the future holds..

Ha. Shoulda read the thread first. I've been over on TB bitching and whining about this for months and it turns out the answer has been discussed over here for over a year now. :picard:

Ah well....now I'm fucking giddy. Fuckity fuck fuck. I've never been a huge fan of bitcrushers....they've always been a little too much on the sci-fi side than the gnarly destruction side....but if anyone can go fucking hardcore on a bitcrusher it's ss/bs. Fuck 'em up, Brian.
MSUsousaphone

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby wsas3 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:58 am

So did the super puzzle count as this? I hope not, even though its fuckin awesome
Chankgeez wrote:True, but you can also use the Klon as a tremolo. Just stomp on the switch as fast or slow as you'd like.

Good dealings with: benjuro, hatshirt(2), Eric!, insubordination, theavondon, skullservant, Ilikewater, GardenoftheDead, AndyTran, behndy, JerryTRCD, StopReferencing, philibis, jfrey, bob the robot, Noise..., space60y(x2), jskadiang, Ryan(2), Helter, mordecainyc, many more
wsas3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby sylnau » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:06 am

:poke: Fat delay... noisy repeat (that's enough description :p).
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby univalve » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:11 pm

Clean octave down!
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to smallsound/bigsound