what would you want the next ss/bs pedal to feature?

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Re: what would you want the next ss/bs pedal to feature?

Postby Hyphen Nation » Thu May 22, 2014 1:40 am

Something along the lines of the Sparkle Motion is needed in your line up. Seriously, I never turn mine off. You could probably make one with just a volume knob, everything else dimed, and I'd be stoked.

Beyond that, when I look at what you offer and what you could offer to round out your catalog:
Some kind of analog drenched modulation, phasor/flanger/trem/vibrato box could be awesome.
I love the concept of an envelope filter/auto wah, but I've never totally bonded with what's out there, so some kind of unexpected envelope filter could be interesting as long as it stayed synth feeling and not Q-tron.
Speaking of Synth, what about exploring more with the octave in the Buzzz [which I need to buy]…
A tap tempo sequencer that lets me fuck around with all the CV/expression pedal inputs all my boxes have?
Hyphen Nation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Thu May 22, 2014 2:48 am

Since Brian already makes such god-tier fuzz and overdrive pedals I have to say i would be really interested in a smallsound/bigsound distortion. Something gnarly that makes for awesome feedback toanz. That's saying a lot because yknow, The Elements exists, but it could be different.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Fri May 23, 2014 3:36 am

^^^^^ This, but with a good eq. Maybe a super high gain gated distortion with an eq and bias like the Mini. But a TAFM sized enclosure with a momentary switch to let the gate off for feedback squeals. I would buy the shit out of that.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Fri May 23, 2014 3:47 am

neonblack wrote:Maybe a super high gain gated distortion.............with a momentary switch to let the gate off for feedback squeals.

YES

like, have a threshold knob you can set for the gate to taste, and the momentary switch bypasses it.
i don't think it would need a blend or a complicated EQ section, just something simple like the Mini that's easy to use but still sounds powerful and unique.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Fri May 23, 2014 3:59 am

I would only want a blend if it didnt naturally have plenty of lows, a treble cut if it was too harsh, and as long as it didnt get buried in a mix, I could do without a mid control. Maybe just a toggle for mids and a toggle for bright or dark. I like the idea of the gate threshold. Set it for abrupt stops or glitchy breakup, and then hit the second switch and all hell breaks loose.

i used to have a fuzz that i would kick on just to cause feedback. it would be awesome to have this same functionality on a momentary switch as part of a killer dirt box.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby zRobertez » Fri May 23, 2014 11:35 pm

I would totally buy an ss/bs'd out compressor :D

See here... :thumb:
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=41197
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Housewife/331848200230566
http://housewifeofficial.bandcamp.com/
Tom Dalton wrote:Like a phoenix's butt, it will rise from the asses.

KLON KLON KLON KLON
zRobertez

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pop » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:56 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:
DuoSonicII wrote:
smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:
hazelwould wrote:I wanna see a random waveform lofi vibrato where I can choose the waveform speed, and depth.

this is definitely happening. it will have more features than that, too... it's in the works!
the order in which things will be coming out will probably change slightly as other people put things out too... that seriously fucks things up sometimes.

This is way high on my wishlist right now - a whacked-out analog modulation pedal that could span the range of chorus-vibrato-phase-flange with variable waveforms: random, sine, tri, square, stepped, what-have-you. With a really big speed knob that you could turn with your foot while playing to manupulate the whole mess (eff tap tempo). If it works on bass, I am SOLD.

again, still working things out! it will be less (read: not at all) phase/flange and more pitch vibrato/old record or cassette vibe. maybe digital as well? no matter what, it'll SOUND rad regardless of what format (A/D) it is... :thumb:

Dang this sounds like what I'm talking about in that Random Pitch/Modulation thread. Geez. Whatever became of this, dude? Did you get anywhere close?
Pop

committed
committed

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Pop wrote:
smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:
DuoSonicII wrote:
smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:
hazelwould wrote:I wanna see a random waveform lofi vibrato where I can choose the waveform speed, and depth.

this is definitely happening. it will have more features than that, too... it's in the works!
the order in which things will be coming out will probably change slightly as other people put things out too... that seriously fucks things up sometimes.

This is way high on my wishlist right now - a whacked-out analog modulation pedal that could span the range of chorus-vibrato-phase-flange with variable waveforms: random, sine, tri, square, stepped, what-have-you. With a really big speed knob that you could turn with your foot while playing to manupulate the whole mess (eff tap tempo). If it works on bass, I am SOLD.

again, still working things out! it will be less (read: not at all) phase/flange and more pitch vibrato/old record or cassette vibe. maybe digital as well? no matter what, it'll SOUND rad regardless of what format (A/D) it is... :thumb:

Dang this sounds like what I'm talking about in that Random Pitch/Modulation thread. Geez. Whatever became of this, dude? Did you get anywhere close?

still on the to-do list. :snax:
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:23 pm

(GAS Intensifies)
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bellyheart » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:01 pm

4545 v3
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UncleBBQ » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:29 pm

I would love to see another delay, since I kinda missed the boat on the last one!
Hacksaw approves this message.
UncleBBQ

committed
committed

Postby neonblack » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:36 pm

Zubbb.

A reverse Buzzz. Sort of.
Basically a suboctave fuzz with another !!! stomp. Switchable sub/gate on !!! stomp.

Or just skip the gate.
Maybe modulated suboctave fuzz? A little pitch vibrato in there? Univibe?

Yes, univibe would do nicely. Throbbing suboctave fuzz.

Clean blend optional.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby keenan » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:54 pm

Kind of a simple one, but I haven't seen this out there and you seem to be doing more with momentary switches than others.

Similar to your average true bypass looper, but with a momentary switch, and a toggle for normally bypassed vs normally passing through the loop. Maybe a 2nd toggle for cut off vs continuing to receive the "trails" from the effects loop as well would be sweet.

If you could swing this in the mini enclosure for not crazy $$, these would probably be quicker and cheaper to make then the main stuff you're doing. I for one would be all over using SSBS momentary tricks on other people's phasers, chorus, delay, etc etc.
keenan

interested
interested

Postby zeravla » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:26 am

keenan wrote:Kind of a simple one, but I haven't seen this out there and you seem to be doing more with momentary switches than others.

Similar to your average true bypass looper, but with a momentary switch, and a toggle for normally bypassed vs normally passing through the loop. Maybe a 2nd toggle for cut off vs continuing to receive the "trails" from the effects loop as well would be sweet.

You can pretty much get this with an Ohnoho Chk Chk Boom with the optional Loop Mute. It's not exact but pretty close.

Bellyheart wrote:4545 v3

I would DEFINITELY be down for that!
zeravla

Supporter
Supporter

Postby KaosCill8r » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:54 pm

sylnau wrote:Lo-Fi EQ...
-AM radio
-telephone
-bitcrusher function
-kind of frequency EQ.

-White noise/Pink noise
-Static noise
-Hum noise
-Crackle noise
-Geiger counter noise (the radiation tester, not the pedal by WMD)
Basically any noise the HI/FI lovers would hate. A fuck up your signal totally machine.
Something with all these sounds, but has a blend control to mix your fuzzy or clean signal into. :thumb:
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to smallsound/bigsound