Cloven Hoof Voltage Sag

Moderator: earthdevice

Cloven Hoof Voltage Sag

Postby Tehzim » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:29 pm

Hi all. I have the Cloven Hoof fuzz and I love it. But I have heard that sagging voltage in a fuzz can cause interesting sounds. I happen to have a TrueSpot power supply and it has a sag connector that lets you set voltage from 4 to 9v. I know it isn't safe to run at higher voltages but anyone have experience with sagging or low voltage action? Thanks in advance.
Tehzim

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Cloven Hoof Voltage Sag

Postby goroth » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:12 am

You can go lower, no problems.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Re: Cloven Hoof Voltage Sag

Postby Bassus Sanguinis » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:16 am

Tehzim wrote:Hi all. I have the Cloven Hoof fuzz and I love it. But I have heard that sagging voltage in a fuzz can cause interesting sounds. I happen to have a TrueSpot power supply and it has a sag connector that lets you set voltage from 4 to 9v. I know it isn't safe to run at higher voltages but anyone have experience with sagging or low voltage action? Thanks in advance.

Sag is - in general - the way to go for loose sludgy dirty fuzz grime and unruly noise/gating effects :omg: love it.
:::: Metal up Yƶur Jazz! with FUZZIFERblack psychedelic doom ::::
Ugly Nora wrote:It's a sad day when Bassus Sanguinis becomes the voice of reason. :lol:
Bassus Sanguinis

Supporter
Supporter

Return to EarthQuaker Devices