EQD Swiss Things | Need help reconciling my board

Moderator: earthdevice

EQD Swiss Things | Need help reconciling my board

Postby AquaMaria » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:55 pm

I need your help please. So I'm fairly new to properly settings up a pedalboard and I settled on a Swiss things as an ideal solution for me. I never planned to run a stereo rig but now that I have the 2 outputs on the swiss things I'd like to utilize all it's capabilities and the capabilities of my pedals and amps. Here's where I'm at so far for my Signal path:

Me > Guitar > Teese RMC1 WAH >

Loop 1: Hoof Reaper > Wampler Euphoria

Loop 2: PolyChorus (Stereo) > Boss DD20 (Stereo) > MXR Carbon Copy > Fender Reverb

Output A > Ditto Looper > Supro 1605R (Connected to Internal 8'' Speaker and GreenBack Loaded 212 Cab)

Output B > Vox AC4TV

Tuner out: Boss Tu2

Volume out: Expression pedal

The Supro 1605r (5 watts) has tube-driven spring reverb and three tube-driven line-outputs optimized for feeding another guitar amplifier:

WET line out

DRY line out

MIX line out w/ attenuator

The WET output provides 100% wet reverb signal; the DRY output provides 100% dry signal from the preamp; and the MIX output carries a blend of dry and reverb signals that can be attenuated by a variable level control on the MIX output. When the WET output is used, the reverb signal is removed from the onboard speaker output, allowing the player to pass the reverb sound along to another amplifier while still hearing the gain from the 1605R’s tube preamp in the onboard 8″ speaker. When the DRY output is used, the unaffected sound of the guitar is removed from the onboard speaker output, allowing the player to pass the gained up dry sound along to another amplifier while still hearing the reverb effect in the onboard 8″ speaker.

- The Vox AC4TV is 4 Watts and sounds always over driven. The Supro 1605R has a really nice fenderish clean tone.

- I have 2 pedals with stereo capabilities (DD20 and PolyChorus). How do I use the stereo outputs of these pedals while they are within loop 2?

How do I set this up? I want to keep the Wah off the board but is the wah suppose to go into the unbuffered loop 1 or before the sweet things? Should I send the Marine reverb to only the vox since the supro has built in spring reverb. Or should I use the WET output on the Supro and send the spring reverb to the Vox (and marine reverb to the supro?) ... All these options are overwhelming me.

Currently I have a Ernie Ball 6180 250k passive volume pedal. Can this be used instead of an expression pedal in the volume/exp out or should I sell it and get an expression pedal (which one ?). If I need to buy an expression pedal I was thinking of getting a mini that can fit on the lower part of the board while still having a row of pedals at the top. Any recommendations?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
AquaMaria

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: EQD Swiss Things | Need help reconciling my board

Postby AquaMaria » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:59 pm

Hi, not sure if anyone here is able to help me. I mocked up my signal chain as far as I can figure it out.

Can anyone help me with the stereo aspect (see my main post). Thank you
AquaMaria

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: EQD Swiss Things | Need help reconciling my board

Postby AquaMaria » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:39 pm

AquaMaria

uncommitted
uncommitted

Return to EarthQuaker Devices