· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
extra special pedals handicrafted in lovely Akron, Ohio <earthquakerdevices.com>
Post a reply

EQD Pulse Machine - looking for INFO!

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:57 am

Hello nice people. Lovely to meet you all.

I have an Earthquaker Device pedal from days of yore, the Pulse Machine.
It's so old, I can't see it on the manufacturer's website, not even in their Legacy Devices page.

I'm hoping for some help - does anybody have tech details about the pedal?
I specifically want to know the current draw, if possible, please.

Big thanks. I'm going to go browsing around the forum now - it looks like a fun place for a noise-freak like me!
Brett.

Re: EQD Pulse Machine - looking for INFO!

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:27 pm

the pulse machine is a heavily modified and finely tuned version of the old "ea" tremolo schematic that so many tremolos are based on. it sounds beautiful (crisp and clear but well rounded), it's highly useable and virtually silent. it's very reminiscent of old amp trems we are all so fond of. the rate can go from soft pulse-like throbs to a fast and racy sputter and the high brightness led flashes along. the depth control works through the whole range and there is more than enough volume on tap. if you are looking for a simple and dynamic tremolo, this is your dude!

Since it's based on the EA, I'd assume the current draw is somewhat comparable to other EA-based pedals.
BYOC's version is 3.5mA, so it's probably best to account for around 10mA

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:59 pm

Welcome to the forum.

HUGE fan of the Pulse Machine myself, just a gorgeous sounding trem. Don't see them too often anymore!

Helps me do my half-ass Dylan Carlson impression for days at a time :lol:

Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:10 am

jrfox92 wrote:

Since it's based on the EA, I'd assume the current draw is somewhat comparable to other EA-based pedals.
BYOC's version is 3.5mA, so it's probably best to account for around 10mA

Ah, yes, that's what I needed.
Super helpful, thanks jrfox92! :)*

Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:14 am

benjuro wrote:Welcome to the forum.

HUGE fan of the Pulse Machine myself, just a gorgeous sounding trem. Don't see them too often anymore!

Helps me do my half-ass Dylan Carlson impression for days at a time :lol:

Yeah, I've always loved the sound of this pedal, too. It has an intermittent fault right now, but I'm hoping to get it fixed up and reinstated on the Board Of Justice soon.

I also have an Aramat Effects Tubular Tremolo - even more rare than these EQD pedals, and just oozes tone. It adds a real bite to my sound, like nothing else can. RIP Keith, you were a genius. :cry:

Dylan Carlson fan, eh? Count me in, too. I just love Earth, especially Bees Made Honey and Angels/Demons part I. Gonna try and catch them touring this year.

Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:45 am

brettdbass wrote:Yeah, I've always loved the sound of this pedal, too. It has an intermittent fault right now, but I'm hoping to get it fixed up and reinstated on the Board Of Justice soon.

I also have an Aramat Effects Tubular Tremolo - even more rare than these EQD pedals, and just oozes tone. It adds a real bite to my sound, like nothing else can. RIP Keith, you were a genius. :cry:

Dylan Carlson fan, eh? Count me in, too. I just love Earth, especially Bees Made Honey and Angels/Demons part I. Gonna try and catch them touring this year.

They're certainly bigger than they used to be, but I've found EQD hugely helpful when I had an issue in the past, I imagine they would lend a hand in getting it sorted if you drop a line.

Bees Made Honey is gorgeous, and 2 had a huge effect on me early on. If you haven't heard it, check out Conquistador, his more recent "solo" effort.
Hex is the one that really changed my life...
Post a reply