Westwood, what a nice fit.

Moderator: earthdevice

Westwood, what a nice fit.

Postby Ampman@sbcglobal.net » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:27 pm

I’ve been using an original Marshall Gov’nor for my main distortion and a Prescription Experience for the over the top and stacked “doom fuzz” sounds. Always wanted a subtle overdrive to add to the collection, but everything I tried was so cheaply made and noisy they were :joy: useless. The new Westwood does the trick with no problems at all, a great overdrive. Thanks EQD.
Ampman@sbcglobal.net

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Westwood, what a nice fit.

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:31 pm

Have you seen these purple ones? Even nicer looking than the 'normal' ones:

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Ampman@sbcglobal.net » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:45 pm

Yikes that is nice!
Ampman@sbcglobal.net

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby MrNovember » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:07 pm

I literally want one of these just for the Twin Peaks references in the description:
Westwood is a touch sensitive translucent overdrive manipulator as clean and pure as the breeze which blows through a grove of Douglas Fir trees, and as hot as a damn fine cup of coffee.

This mild-mannered light- to medium-gain overdrive with active EQ controls will still knock the socks right off your trusty low-wattage combo amp, pushing it into anything from cutting, edge-of-breakup rhythm tones, all the way to articulate, singing lead tones stacked high with pleasing even-order harmonics and sweet, sweet sustain. And if you pair it up with your favorite head and cab, you should probably call the neighbors first, because the Westwood’s Level control has enough output on tap to alert the proper authorities. Even the FBI.

Each and every Westwood is a real Blue Rose case, hand built by a team of special agents in the Black Lodge of Akron, Ohio, USA, where the owls are not what they seem, there’s always music in the air, and the birds sing a pretty song.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby dandy13 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:52 pm

MrNovember wrote:I literally want one of these just for the Twin Peaks references in the description:
Westwood is a touch sensitive translucent overdrive manipulator as clean and pure as the breeze which blows through a grove of Douglas Fir trees, and as hot as a damn fine cup of coffee.

This mild-mannered light- to medium-gain overdrive with active EQ controls will still knock the socks right off your trusty low-wattage combo amp, pushing it into anything from cutting, edge-of-breakup rhythm tones, all the way to articulate, singing lead tones stacked high with pleasing even-order harmonics and sweet, sweet sustain. And if you pair it up with your favorite head and cab, you should probably call the neighbors first, because the Westwood’s Level control has enough output on tap to alert the proper authorities. Even the FBI.

Each and every Westwood is a real Blue Rose case, hand built by a team of special agents in the Black Lodge of Akron, Ohio, USA, where the owls are not what they seem, there’s always music in the air, and the birds sing a pretty song.

There are a few out Westwoods in the wild with a Twin Peaks finish. One of those is at the top of my wish list and probably why I haven't purchased one yet as it has ruined all other westwoods for me :picard: I will try and find a pic..
dandy13

committed
committed

Postby dandy13 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:55 pm

dandy13

committed
committed

Postby MrNovember » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:23 pm

Well fuck, I did not know that and now that's at the top of my list too. Where were those originally sold?

Edit: apparently it was Zzounds back in like April. I wish I saw these then, I would have bought one so fast. Now I'm going to have to scour the used market too
Last edited by MrNovember on Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:37 pm

I think it was supposed to be a one-off and then because a zZounds limited edition.

This Gear Hero HQ one is still my favorite though:

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby MrNovember » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:47 pm

Chankgeez wrote:I think it was supposed to be a one-off and then because a zZounds limited edition.

This Gear Hero HQ one is still my favorite though:

That's tempting too, but I just want the Twin Peaks one now.

Where do you normally learn about their exclusive finishes? I seem to always miss them
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:05 pm

Good question. :idk:

Maybe the EQD Instagram or Twitter.

I always see stuff popping up on Reverb. Maybe individual retailer sites. Gear Hero HQ seems to do a lot of custom colors.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dandy13 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:55 pm

Maybe we can persuade Zzsounds or GearHQ to special order a new run of 50 from EQD in the Twin Peaks finish
Last edited by dandy13 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dandy13

committed
committed

Postby dandy13 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:01 pm

MrNovember wrote:
Where do you normally learn about their exclusive finishes? I seem to always miss them

Like Chankz said, mostly insta. I luckily also live close by eqd, and typically attend most of their events where they always have special colorways and or one offs/blems for sale.
dandy13

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:28 pm

Maybe ask zZounds first. Since they were the ones that did it originally. :idk:

EQD may not do it for any other retailer. Gear Hero may also not be willing to do it. Worth asking though.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:20 pm

So, what's the connection between this and Twin Peaks? I love that artwork.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:48 pm

:idk:

Here's the original zZounds Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhCYwkVHvkE/
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to EarthQuaker Devices