EQD Avalanche Run powering issues

Moderator: earthdevice

EQD Avalanche Run powering issues

Postby Samothy01 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:29 am

Recent bought an avalanche run, only to find out that it runs at 425mA?!?!

I was considering buying a Walrus Audio Phoenix to power my expanding board, but they only go up to 300mA (I think?) so I was toying with the idea of buying a single spot 500mA power supply for the EQD AR.

My question is - will there be any consequences to having two power supplies in one effects train? I've never really seen anybody do it before, so I was just curious!
Samothy01

interested
interested

Re: EQD Avalanche Run powering issues

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:07 am

I don't have any experience with the Avalanche Run. So, I can't speak specifically to your issue, but I run my Rainbow Machine by itself with a 1 Spot (with all the other pedals being powered by a PP2+).

I think you'd probably be fine.

I also run a Green Ringer clone on a separate power supply. If anything, you'll probably encounter less noise in your signal.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Re: EQD Avalanche Run powering issues

Postby Samothy01 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:42 am

Ah right!

Well thanks for the reply, I was just getting worried because you generally only see one power supply on a board!
Samothy01

interested
interested

Return to EarthQuaker Devices