Bellows + bass....

Moderator: earthdevice

Bellows + bass....

Postby MaggotBrainNY » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:02 pm

Fuckin' game changer on bass. Holy cow. Punishing, heavy as fuck, massive.... those adjectives... (we're a d-beat / sludge / metal band).

I was expecting it to sound rad, but not completely change the game. The balls on this thing... we (the band) had zero clue how much low end was sacrificed by using an OCD for the past 4 years. Don't get me wrong, OCD is sweet too (I love it's midrange grind and punch for the way our bassist plays), but for the first time in the existence of this band you can now FEEL the bass from head to chest to feet. It also lacks that boring cliche'd bass fuzz thing where it's just like a whole shitload of useless mud with a layer of fizzy white noise on top. This blows it up in all the right places, retains clarity and just heavies things up perfectly.

Anyways, can't wait to track our new record with this.

Thanks for building rad stuff dudes.
Last edited by MaggotBrainNY on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
MaggotBrainNY

committed
committed

Re: Bellows + bass....

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:47 pm

Can't wait to hear your new album! :!!!: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Hazmat33 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:32 am

Also sounds great on guitar pushing the front of a Pharoah!
Hazmat33

committed
committed

Postby earthdevice » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:24 pm

Thanks! I was equally blown away the first time I heard it on bass! Sounds huge! Glad you like it!
Dream Maker
earthdevice

committed
committed

Return to EarthQuaker Devices