Question: Palisades weirdness

Moderator: earthdevice

Question: Palisades weirdness

Postby marsbound » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:17 pm

I have recently tested some overdrives of mine to use on a new pedal board. After some trials I settled on the Palisades.

Oddly, the next time I came to experiment with the new board, I was getting a weird problem.

I was originally using a light overdrive on channel A about 20% gain. A little chunkier on the other channel. But when i came back, I plugged in, turned on, and it was much more distorted. I thought I must've accidentally messed up the settings, but no. All was the same.

I even turned the gain all the way down on channel A and couldn't get the chunk low enough for my taste. If I hadn't experienced it differently earlier, I would've just thought oh, this pedal just starts dirty. But I had found a great less distorted sound at about 20% gain. Then all of a sudden. 0% and too distorted. I tried running it with and without buffer, with no other pedals in the chain etc. No help.

Anyone experienced anything like this or know what might've happened? I was really excited to use the Palisades on my new board. But I've had to look in other directions. I'd like to understand what happened.

Thanks!
marsbound

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Question: Palisades weirdness

Postby neonblack » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:12 pm

Did you accidentally have your guitars volume knob down?
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby marsbound » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:17 pm

No. Good thought though. I figure I might be missing something obvious like that.

I was running the volume at about 8 on a single coil guitar. Leaving some headroom to push the volume and dirt.
marsbound

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:22 pm

marsbound, you should e-mail EarthQuaker. They're really good with customer support. They can help you troubleshoot it and if that doesn't fix it, they'll have you send it in.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby marsbound » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:25 pm

Ok, that's cool. Thank you. I was really confused.

It was like a different pedal and I was sure I missed something obvious. But couldn't figure it out.
marsbound

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby neonblack » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:23 pm

Clipping mode?
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby marsbound » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:40 pm

I don't think so. I'll definitely double check.
marsbound

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Eivind August » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:46 am

What amp are you using? Could it be running hotter than the first time you tested?
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby marsbound » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:35 pm

The amp is a fender deluxe reverb reissue, tube amp. Quite new. None of the times I was working with it was it over heated. I let it warm up for a minute on standby then go for it. It's characteristics have been consistent. I gigged with it over the weekend and didn't run into any issues.
marsbound

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby marsbound » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:36 pm

I've consistently been running it at about 6 on the dial. Just at the edge of breakup.
marsbound

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby mulekicker » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:33 am

Just email earthquaker, their customer service is amazing. They'll get back to you super fast. I had a switch issue with a HoofReaper and had it back in a week.
mulekicker

involved
involved

Postby marsbound » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:55 am

I'll triple check everything and then send an email. Nice to know they're so responsive!
marsbound

uncommitted
uncommitted

Return to EarthQuaker Devices