EQD Reverbs

Moderator: earthdevice

EQD Reverbs

Postby BwanaJim » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:58 pm

Strictly talking about the reverb side, how does the Ghost Echo compare to the Dispatch Master sound-wise. I'll be pairing it up with the Disaster Transport (non-JR/non-SR). I'm having trouble finding a Dispatch Master to try out For comparison.

Of course, the Levitation is now muddying the water as well.
BwanaJim

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: EQD Reverbs

Postby guitarslinger21 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:44 pm

Ghost Echo - vintagey, and artifacty. Kind of like a spring reverb meets a plate with slight modulation. Dark, and sad. Great reverb. Works for everything from rock to post-rock

Dispatch Master - airy, mystifying, spacey, clean, but thick. Like a digital, 80's plate that can go on for VERY long periods.

You really need both. The Dispatch is killer for ambient stuff and looping, but the Ghost Echo is more straight ahead for a band situation, imo.

Levitation, from the demos, sounds like a ghost echo without the strangeness that makes the Ghost Echo cool in the first place.

ATM, I find the Ghost Echo most useful, but the Dispatch Master is a thing of beauty and a modern classic.
WTB: Basic Audio Kay Fuzz
guitarslinger21

committed
committed

Postby BwanaJim » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:03 am

Thanks for the suggestions. I picked up the Ghost Echo on Friday and have been enjoying it all weekend. The most surprising thing about it so far is the way that it responds to your playing. Notes that ring out have a very different response to short notes. The staccato notes seem to get a delay treatment, while the delay isn't apparent on the longer notes.
BwanaJim

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Eric! » Tue May 05, 2015 3:30 pm

Ghost Echo still seems king to me.
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby spawnofthesith » Thu May 14, 2015 11:14 am

The ghost reverb is the best all around reverb I've tried

The Afterneath is phenomenal too, one of the most unique reverbs out there

and I don't know what I'd do without the dispatch master

Definitely curious about the levitation
spawnofthesith

committed
committed

Postby DarkAxel » Wed May 27, 2015 8:13 am

Ghost echo doesn't get nearly as long as the Dispatch Master, but it's great for general ambiance, strangeness... it's fucking brilliant in front of dirt as well. Adds a bit of brightness and clarity along with the air... I have to watch myself to not have it on all the time for bass :lol:
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Wed May 27, 2015 11:25 am

DarkAxel wrote:Ghost echo doesn't get nearly as long as the Dispatch Master, but it's great for general ambiance, strangeness... it's fucking brilliant in front of dirt as well. Adds a bit of brightness and clarity along with the air... I have to watch myself to not have it on all the time for bass :lol:

Comments like this one are what made me sit up nights thinking about the GE. So I traded for one. Should be here this week, and I'm gonna stick it right at the beginning of my chain.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Wed May 27, 2015 3:15 pm

Good choice. At first I though it's not gonna be "ambient toanz bro" enough for me, but it's just so full of character... Let us know how you like it! :)
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Wed May 27, 2015 4:25 pm

I'm not really looking for ambience anyways. I want that splashy smeary spring before dirt sound. I want to sound like Young Widows, basically.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Wed May 27, 2015 5:21 pm

Report on the GE please and how well it works with the VI. I've been itching to get one for some springy depressive goodness!
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkAxel » Sun May 31, 2015 5:25 am

neonblack wrote:I'm not really looking for ambience anyways. I want that splashy smeary spring before dirt sound. I want to sound like Young Widows, basically.

that was exactly what I tried to get by sticking it before a Mini :)

I think it works really well!

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to EarthQuaker Devices