Hoof Vs Cloven Hoof?

Moderator: earthdevice

Hoof Vs Cloven Hoof?

Postby AstralFeedbackM » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:01 pm

Anyone here have both and can tell me a side by side comparison between the two? I see online it's a wider fuzz tone than the normal hoof. I'm buying a terminal this week and have the hoof, but I didn't know if I should get a cloven, unless it really is a lot more than the normal hoof. Let me know you EQD lovers. Also is it really worth having both? I fucking love, my hoof fuzz. Probably the best fuzz I have ever had. Well I'm getting a peppermint fuzz this week and buying the terminal fuzz, but at this point it's the best fuzz I have ever owned.
Good deals with fungalattack, Pumpkinpieces, hatshirt, the5chord
AstralFeedbackM

involved
involved

Re: Hoof Vs Cloven Hoof?

Postby AZX309 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:22 pm

I never owned a regular hoof, but the Cloven I had had a ton of gain and had a bit more natural mid scoop and bite.

i figure: Regular hoof = souped up Russian Muff, Cloven Hoof = souped up NYC Muff
https://www.instagram.com/maskaudioelectronics/
D.o.S. wrote:you're not my real dad

Corey Y wrote: Tone is in the dingus.
AZX309

committed
committed

Postby benjuro » Mon May 04, 2015 6:39 pm

Special low-frequency version.
benjuro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby AstralFeedbackM » Thu May 07, 2015 12:49 am

Thank's for the link but they didn't discuss a thing on the difference between. Only 5 post and the last one the dude I think bought something else besides a EQD. I'm about to just buy one with my bonus I get in a week or so. Then I'll know lol,
Good deals with fungalattack, Pumpkinpieces, hatshirt, the5chord
AstralFeedbackM

involved
involved

Postby benjuro » Mon May 11, 2015 5:46 am

AstralFeedbackM wrote:Thank's for the link but they didn't discuss a thing on the difference between.

I'm pretty sure my post in that thread (copied below) had a few things about the difference between... :idk:

I've had both models (as well as a number of Sovtek muffs) and much prefer the standard Hoofs; the two Hoofs I've kept are early 3- and 4-knob versions with 'better' transistors than what's being used currently. The Cloven ultimately sounded a little too compressed and smooth to me, where the standard germanium version is capable of better snarl and raw bite. It depends what you are after.
I got some excellent tones out of the Cloven as well, but the Ge version offers tones you don't get from the millions of muff clones that use silicon...the Cloven will probably sound closer to your Sovtek than the standard Hoof.

Maybe you have more specific questions?
Special low-frequency version.
benjuro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to EarthQuaker Devices