Next in the pipeline...

Moderator: earthdevice

Re: Next in the pipeline...

Postby Tristan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:53 pm

I really don't dig those reverbs that sound like a shitty delay, it just doesn't sound spacious or big at all.
Well, it's definitely not for me that's what I'm trying to say, different boats different floats.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby earthdevice » Sat May 02, 2015 10:46 pm

Tristan wrote:I really don't dig those reverbs that sound like a shitty delay, it just doesn't sound spacious or big at all.
Well, it's definitely not for me that's what I'm trying to say, different boats different floats.

Cool, thanks for sharing!
Dream Maker
earthdevice

committed
committed

Postby neonblack » Sat May 02, 2015 10:49 pm

Well, I'm pretty stoked about it.

I know its too late for suggestions, but I noticed a volume drop with the Afterneath. Would it be too cramped to add a simple boost into the Levitation or the Ghost Echo? I was after the GE for a while but now I want the Levitation for a little more control over my springy slapback.

In fact, I may get one of these instead of a delay pedal for sproingy slapback tones.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Sun May 03, 2015 5:06 pm

neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Sun May 03, 2015 6:13 pm

earthdevice wrote:
Tristan wrote:I really don't dig those reverbs that sound like a shitty delay, it just doesn't sound spacious or big at all.

Cool, thanks for sharing!

:lol: :thumb:
Too harsh and straight to the point again like a eurothrasher right?
Don't mean bad but I just can't describe it well I guess. Lots of digi spring reverbs sound more like a really strange short multitap delay with a fair amount of feedback to me, I always end up playing in the rhythm of the pedal but I prefer a regular modulation delay for that.
The Ghost Echo is one of the few reverbs with a very clear pre delay that actually seems to sound really interesting and nice to my ear, I'd love to try one sometime.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby earthdevice » Sun May 03, 2015 10:24 pm

neonblack wrote:Well, I'm pretty stoked about it.

I know its too late for suggestions, but I noticed a volume drop with the Afterneath. Would it be too cramped to add a simple boost into the Levitation or the Ghost Echo? I was after the GE for a while but now I want the Levitation for a little more control over my springy slapback.

In fact, I may get one of these instead of a delay pedal for sproingy slapback tones.

If your afterneath has a volume drop you should send it in to be checked out. It should not do that.
Dream Maker
earthdevice

committed
committed

Postby earthdevice » Sun May 03, 2015 10:28 pm

:lol: :thumb:
Too harsh and straight to the point again like a eurothrasher right?
Don't mean bad but I just can't describe it well I guess. Lots of digi spring reverbs sound more like a really strange short multitap delay with a fair amount of feedback to me, I always end up playing in the rhythm of the pedal but I prefer a regular modulation delay for that.
The Ghost Echo is one of the few reverbs with a very clear pre delay that actually seems to sound really interesting and nice to my ear, I'd love to try one sometime.[/quote]

No worries, I don't believe anything on the internet anyhow :) your ears are correct though, that is how digital reverbs are generally made. A series of short delay lines with filtering and feedback. The ghost echo is still my personal favorite "everyday" reverb but I'm a little biased :)
Dream Maker
earthdevice

committed
committed

Previous

Return to EarthQuaker Devices