Help with afterneath and palisades

Moderator: earthdevice

Help with afterneath and palisades

Postby RyAlbrec » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:05 pm

Hello all, first post here. After months of deliberating I just got my 2 new pedals, afterneath and palisades. Loving them both. But having issues that I'm hoping someone can help with.

The Palisades is simple, it makes massive popping noise when engaging the bypass, and especially gain 2 and boost when first bypass is engaged. Its really, really loud.

The afterneath is also noisy just in a different way. When I use the afterneath I've been matching them up with the demo video for some sounds. So I didn't have the knobs dimes or anything like that. I bypassed pedal, then turned it on a few minutes later and it was squealing extremely loudly. I'd bypass/turn on and it was still there. I unplugged and it went away. I played a bit, all good. The next day I went back to using it, and coming from being powered off it squealed and squelched again and very loudly.

I use a voodoo PP 2+, so everything should operate quietly like the rest of my gear. Im wondering if the afterneath is simply defective, and if the palisades is supposed to pop super loud, it might as well be.

Thanks for you time all!
RyAlbrec

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Help with afterneath and palisades

Postby earthdevice » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:25 am

Neither of those things are normal operation, it sounds like a cable issue to me. Can you copy and paste this text and email it to us at info@earthquakerdevices.com. The forum is the least effective way to trouble shoot issues, we rarely check it.
Dream Maker
earthdevice

committed
committed

Return to EarthQuaker Devices