Dream Crusher...Bias?

Moderator: earthdevice

Dream Crusher...Bias?

Postby The_Active_Conundrum » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:47 pm

Just got one. Feels a bit splatty. Notes choke out. no clean up with volume knob. Nothing comes through if it isn't on max.

This is my frst Germy device-first fuzz face style, so is it time to bias it or do I not get the magic and mystery of the fuzz face style?

Thanks In Advance!
Great dealings with: ryan summit, UncleGrandfather, Pizza, hbombgraphics, dangergirlstarship, Clockworker, kosta
The_Active_Conundrum

experienced
experienced

Re: Dream Crusher...Bias?

Postby earthdevice » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:31 pm

Sounds like it needs a bias adjustment. If you open up the back there will be a small trim pot on the board. If you have a mm, stick the positive probe in one of the screw holes and the negative probe in the "bias adjust" pad on the pcb. Turn the trim pot until it says 4.5-5v on the mm. If you don't have a mm, turn the fuzz all the way up and play while you slowly turn the trim pot. Stop when the sustain is to your liking. The pedal should be powered up while you do either method. You can also send it in and we can take care of it.
Dream Maker
earthdevice

committed
committed

Re: Dream Crusher...Bias?

Postby The_Active_Conundrum » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:02 pm

Thanks, I'm a dweeb.
Great dealings with: ryan summit, UncleGrandfather, Pizza, hbombgraphics, dangergirlstarship, Clockworker, kosta
The_Active_Conundrum

experienced
experienced

Return to EarthQuaker Devices