Dispatch Master vs. Disaster Transport Jr

Moderator: earthdevice

Dispatch Master vs. Disaster Transport Jr

Postby jacoltrane » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:46 pm

Hello - I am looking to stack delays and am seeking a simple delay to add to my chain for Ambient Guitar.

I have a Strymon El Cap and a BigSky covering all the reverb I could want.

Any opinions on Dispatch Master (DM) vs. Disaster Transport Jr. (DT) for this application?

I assuming I would not need the reverb of the DM and may prefer the transparency of the DT.

Thought?

Thx
jacoltrane

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Dispatch Master vs. Disaster Transport Jr

Postby Fuzzfizz » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:13 am

I have a DM and it is a great, simple delay-verb, very easy to get a bunch of cool, spacey ambient sounds. When you back off the controls, it works pretty well for an always on subtle delay-verb combo too, just to thicken up and add some depth. The tone of the DM is very open and airy, really pretty and clear.

Can't comment on the DT - don't have one, but love the demos I have seen. So many great delays out there. I have a Diamond MLjr incoming, an also looking at the Seymour Duncan vapor trail. If you don't need reverb in the pedal, the vapor trail is a really good pedal, with some very cool features, including front mounted mod controls (vs carbon copy). But I am not sure it is the most ambient set up, I think it is limited to 600ms (still can get pretty spacey though, at that time setting). It is all analogue, and purported to have a gorgeous tone. If you are adding to an El Cap, then it might be just the ticket, as the El Cap can do the real strung out space, and the SD can layer on it, or handle some less complex and more analogue sounding tones. I have the El Cap too, and love it. (I guess you can tell I am a horrendous delay junkie).
Fuzzfizz

interested
interested

Return to EarthQuaker Devices