Hummingbird is dead...FIXED

Moderator: earthdevice

Hummingbird is dead...FIXED

Postby samzadgan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:38 am

I love my hummingbird and i've had it for over 6 months...the other day i switch it on and there is no effect.

the signal passes through it but there is not effect. The only knobs that do anything are the depth (which operates as a reverse volume) and level (which operates as level) but nothing else has any impact.

I have a gut shot here, but cant see anything wrong with it...has anyone had this issue, and is it something that can be fixed?

Last edited by samzadgan on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Hummingbird is dead?

Postby earthdevice » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:19 am

Chances are good that the jfet (2n5457, right in the center of the PCB) has gone bad. If you would like to send it in for repair, please download this form: http://earthquakerdevices.com/EQD_DEVIC ... N_FORM.pdf and include it with the shipment. If you want to have it done locally, have them replace the 2N5457 transistor first. In the future, email us directly at info@earthquakerdevices.com for any issues.
Dream Maker
earthdevice

committed
committed

Re: Hummingbird is dead?

Postby samzadgan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:34 am

earthdevice wrote:Chances are good that the jfet (2n5457, right in the center of the PCB) has gone bad. If you would like to send it in for repair, please download this form: http://earthquakerdevices.com/EQD_DEVIC ... N_FORM.pdf and include it with the shipment. If you want to have it done locally, have them replace the 2N5457 transistor first. In the future, email us directly at info@earthquakerdevices.com for any issues.

thanks for this...I am based in the UK, so will look into it Locally.

BTW...didn't mean to give you guys any negative feedback by posting this...just wondered if any forumite's had a similar problem and if they had a fix.

thanks again! :thumb:
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Return to EarthQuaker Devices