Hoof Reaper is rocking my world

Moderator: earthdevice

Hoof Reaper is rocking my world

Postby rhargis14 » Wed May 14, 2014 8:22 am

So I'm playing out for my first time ever this Friday and I'm very excited to use my hoof reaper! I only have that and the talons so far (all this tasty gear is too damn expensive), but I'm letting my buddy use the talons. I'm setting my hoof side to be a thick but versatile in conjunction with the pickups on my Reverend Six Gun, and I'm going to set the reaper side to be lower gain fuzz, kind of like an edgier OD. That way I can use the reaper side both as a not as dirty setting as well as a solo boost which soars and sustains for days. Plus the octave is always fun too.

I know that I'm likely not the first to use the hoof reaper like this, but I never really used it quite like this in my basement. And I just love it.

I just wanted to throw out a little more love for this pedal because I've been blown away with how awesome this thing sounds from the get-go. Thank you for listening to my ramble!
rhargis14

involved
involved

Re: Hoof Reaper is rocking my world

Postby echoraven » Wed May 14, 2014 12:01 pm

Sound clips or it didn't happen.
echoraven

committed
committed

Postby rhargis14 » Thu May 15, 2014 6:25 am

I'll see what I can do, I'm not good with all that recording jazz, but I have a friend video taping it, so I can try.
Courtney killed Kurt.
rhargis14

involved
involved

Postby earthdevice » Sat May 17, 2014 7:43 am

rhargis14 wrote:So I'm playing out for my first time ever this Friday and I'm very excited to use my hoof reaper! I only have that and the talons so far (all this tasty gear is too damn expensive), but I'm letting my buddy use the talons. I'm setting my hoof side to be a thick but versatile in conjunction with the pickups on my Reverend Six Gun, and I'm going to set the reaper side to be lower gain fuzz, kind of like an edgier OD. That way I can use the reaper side both as a not as dirty setting as well as a solo boost which soars and sustains for days. Plus the octave is always fun too.

I know that I'm likely not the first to use the hoof reaper like this, but I never really used it quite like this in my basement. And I just love it.

I just wanted to throw out a little more love for this pedal because I've been blown away with how awesome this thing sounds from the get-go. Thank you for listening to my ramble!

Awesome, thanks a lot!
Dream Maker
earthdevice

committed
committed

Postby mulekicker » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:21 am

I usually use mine the same way. Turn down the gain on the reaper side and stack it into the hoof. Lately though, I've been cranking the gain on the reaper cause it sounds so Fuckin good! I find if I wind back the volume on my guitar, it cleans up a bit and and when I kick in the hoof the heavens open. I've owned a lot of fuzzes over the years and I can confidently state that this is my favorite. The octave is great too. EQD is my fav pedal co. Originally being from Youngstown, my heart swells with Ohio pride knowing that these Akron dudes are killing it across the board. Now to get a ghost echo, disaster transport, and white light(so I can cop some Chris Spencer from Unsane toanz). I wish being a stay at home dad paid better.
mulekicker

involved
involved

Postby earthdevice » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:03 pm

Thanks!!!
Dream Maker
earthdevice

committed
committed

Return to EarthQuaker Devices