Anyone have the Terminal yet?

Moderator: earthdevice

Re: Anyone have the Terminal yet?

Postby echoraven » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:47 am

frankenstomp wrote:The Terminal is the subject of the new Frankenstomp Review. Check it out!

HOLY CRAP! WELCOME FRANKENSTOMP!! Your video reviews are like a great movie, when you watch them the 2nd time around you get some bits you missed the first time.

Hopefully the doctor will never find out what you did with his Klon! :thumb:
echoraven

committed
committed

Postby chuckjaywalk » Mon May 19, 2014 12:20 pm

The Terminal has displaced the Big Spider as my favorite fuzz. It is so fantastic.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jrmy » Sat May 24, 2014 10:25 pm

Ohmygawd, I got to play one on bass today and it SLAYED! I need to get some Terminal into my life, STAT.
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PaulB » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:51 am

it's my first EQD and I'm very impressed. It sounds great. All the other dirtboxes on my board just sound "small" in comparison. Doesnt't mean that the Terminal sounds better but even my Zvex Fat Fuzz Factory doesn't sound that big. I know, they're different animals, but there's a specific "bassheavy-fatness" :animal: going on with the Terminal. I love it. It's not the always on type of pedal, but you can get lost in the sound and play riffs for hours.
Now, I'm looking for the Hoof (or Hoof Reaper).
PaulB

interested
interested

Postby Mass_Hysterika » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:59 am

I received my Terminal a few days ago and I really enjoy this sound on bass and the fact it has a huge volume reserve.
But the footswitch on mine is pretty hard to push and the activation click is really loud (worst on my pedalboard) even it's working greatly... Do you have an hard switch on your EQD too or softer ones ? It may result in a defective switch on mine.
Mass_Hysterika

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby PaulB » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:31 am

@Mass_Hysterica: the footswitch on mine is normal, i guess. Maybe slightly harder to push than the Zvex, Ehx, or Jhs pedals. You have to wear shoes to play these pedals!! Ha!
PaulB

interested
interested

Postby earthdevice » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:49 am

Mass_Hysterika wrote:I received my Terminal a few days ago and I really enjoy this sound on bass and the fact it has a huge volume reserve.
But the footswitch on mine is pretty hard to push and the activation click is really loud (worst on my pedalboard) even it's working greatly... Do you have an hard switch on your EQD too or softer ones ? It may result in a defective switch on mine.

We started using a really heavy duty switch that is less prone to failure. It's a little harder to push and the mechanical click is a bit louder but it's way nicer than most other 3pdt switches.
Dream Maker
earthdevice

committed
committed

Postby Mass_Hysterika » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:48 am

Ok then I received one from a recent batch.
Thanks for your answer and indeed I prefer a reliable effect than a silent one (in every sense of the word...).
Mass_Hysterika

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby PaulB » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:17 am

The only problem I have with the loud switches is in a homerecording situation. But having a reliable pedal is important for me, too.
PaulB

interested
interested

Postby terminator » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:27 pm

just in case anyones interested

i really like this pedal

terminator

HERO
HERO

Postby Fuzz_Pi » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:14 pm

terminator wrote:just in case anyones interested

i really like this pedal

Fuzz_Pi

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby indianDYsummer » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:34 pm

I just bought a terminal online, and am excited for its arrival. I don't have a harsh, cutting fuzz so I figured I could stand to own another EQD pedal. :cool:

When this pedal was originally released, I was all like, meh, I don't care much for this abrasive fuzz tone. It sounds kind of bad on purpose! But after listening to demos over and over, it's really grown on me. I'm not sure why I thought that. As a fan of mainly punk, alternative, noise, etc types of music, I'm surprised I wasn't stoked for it right away. I can see myself using it a lot and in different combinations.

I bought this over a ZVEX fuzz factory to fill in my weird harsh fuzz need, and I think I made the right choice. Will post my impressions when it arrives! I am kind of new to non-standard fuzzes. Up until now I've only owned muff and fuzz face variants, also also a blue box.
indianDYsummer

committed
committed

Postby neonblack » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:40 pm

terminator wrote:just in case anyones interested

i really like this pedal

It was YOU! You posted this demo that made me decide I needed this. You jerk.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby terminator » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:53 am

Ha! Yeah, the terminal sounds great. Its just so different from all my other fuzzes.
terminator

HERO
HERO

Postby indianDYsummer » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:16 pm

I just got my Terminal yesterday and played it for about 30 minutes. This pedal is super cool. IMO you can still get traditional fuzz type sounds out of it if you EQ it properly. You can achieve both muff-type and fuzz-face type tones. Though, they aren't dead-on they're pretty passable and sound good.

You can also get the sounds this pedal is supposed to give. Super broken, velcro, harsh, cutting fuzz sounds that are sweet! This is my favorite fuzz pedal now, probably. It rocks!
indianDYsummer

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to EarthQuaker Devices