Finally - a Ghost Echo :)

Moderator: earthdevice

Finally - a Ghost Echo :)

Postby DarkAxel » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:19 am

finally got one in a trade :)

ROCKS HARD :) very inspirational sound, GREAT in front of the DMM. I've got one quesion though

is it normal I can't turn the dwell at or above 3 o'clock? seems to oscillate quite early. Has that been changed in the newer version somehow? Because Kayzer sometimes has all knobs cranked in his demos and it seems to be doing fine :idk:

either way it's cool as heck :)
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Finally - a Ghost Echo :)

Postby t-rey » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:59 pm

Congrats! I can only imagine how good that verb/delay combo sounds.

I've had 3 Ghost Echos. My first two (GE and then Ghost Disaster) would oscillate quietly in the background kind of like infinite reverb. My current one will oscillate like mad if I crank up the dwell and depth, which is awesome.

I love the Ghost Echo. In my opinion it is the best reverb pedal available (not that I've tried them all). I have a TC Trinity on my second board, but have been wanting to replace it with another Ghost Echo.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby space6oy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:24 pm

what's the silverjob?
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:13 am

that silver thing is a DM-2 clone able of 500-something ms of delay with a very dark sound (with just tiny amount of clock noise)

i run it DM-2 -> Ghost Echo (Depth on max, Dwell just before 3 o'clock, Attack to taste) -> DMM

yeah, turning all of them on is just great :) and the GE in the middle is magic

anyway the oscillation gets up very slowly, but it gets pretty crazy :) it's cool, just wondering if the circuit has been updated adressing this or what's the deal
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:13 am

Just wanted to say... If you haven't, you HAVE TO try Ghost Echo into Mini

it's as if they were meant to be played together in that order... and I'm not a big verb into dirt guy usually!

I'd even recommend having them built in a dual pedal, it's SO GOOD

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:11 pm

My Ghost Echo is waiting for me at home. I'm super excited.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby benjuro » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:10 am

Congrats! Looking fw to trying GE>Mini today...usually I have mine after Mini and before LSTR.
Early big box Ghost Echos rule!
Special low-frequency version.
benjuro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby zRobertez » Wed May 14, 2014 4:05 pm

Im behind the times on this thread and Im not adding anything anyway lols
But I've had 3 or 4 GEs and I could never get any of them to oscillate at any time. I don't know if that's attributed to daisy chaining, early placement, single coils? That's mostly why I have a Spring Chicken now.

If I wasn't so tempted with hearing about oscillation all the times, I would probably still have one :)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Housewife/331848200230566
http://housewifeofficial.bandcamp.com/
Tom Dalton wrote:Like a phoenix's butt, it will rise from the asses.

KLON KLON KLON KLON
zRobertez

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Thu May 15, 2014 9:56 am

...and this is exactly why are "boutique" pedals awesome :)

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Sat May 17, 2014 4:51 am

Since I won the TC Electronic Easter Egg Hunt, I have a Hall of Fame too now. But somehow I feel the Ghost Echo has a very distinct voice on it's own, so I currently have two reverbs on my board :lol:

For one, the Ghost Echo adds certain brightness to my sound, it makes the notes pop out more. And it's great before dirt, currently I have it before Mini and Elements. The greatness is probably connected to the brightness because even with dirt, it doesn't get that mushy, if anything, it makes it more aggressive and trashier. In front of the Mini, think Young Widows. And in front of the Elements, it creates this huge trashy wall of sound.

The pedal is not really versatile, but it does that one great thing. And that's just enough for me to still be excited about it even despite the super-versatile Hall of Fame sitting further down the chain.

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby benjuro » Sat May 17, 2014 6:45 am

DarkAxel wrote: And it's great before dirt, currently I have it before Mini and Elements.

:thumb:
Special low-frequency version.
benjuro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Mon May 19, 2014 12:18 pm

Ghost Echo into Monarch is pretty great, especially with fuzz in front of the Ghost Echo.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby DarkAxel » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:03 pm

what do you know... after enjoying the ghost echo so much more, I just sold the Hall of Fame to fund my new bass amp... with no regrets :)

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby greeny23 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:13 am

i have my Ghost Disaster in my "never sell this madness" pile :)
greeny23

experienced
experienced

Postby DarkAxel » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:50 am

Moving on to bass, I still enjoy my Ghost Echo :) only now, I really benefit from it being quite bright and having great attack, because I use it to make delay passages sharper and more pronounced or if i need to accentuate the attack for some parts :)

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to EarthQuaker Devices