BLUNDERBUSS 2.0

Moderator: blackout_kyle

Re: BLUNDERBUSS 2.0

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:36 pm

Jake wrote:Forgive me if this was covered before, but is the another limited run or will the Blunderbuss be around for a little while? I don't have the money right now :cry:

Good question. I'm not sure if Kyle said either way. Hopefully he'll chime in again soon.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby hazelwould » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:57 am

Are there any more?
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:21 pm

hazelwould wrote:Are there any more?

Looks like there're at least a couple retailers still have 'em in stock:

http://www.fattoneguitars.com/Blackout- ... /bla07.htm

http://www.axeandyoushallreceive.com/pr ... ybrid-fuzz
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby bongoben » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:20 am

hazelwould wrote:Are there any more?

I just picked one up from Prymaxe last week but it looks like they're out now.
bongoben

Supporter
Supporter

Postby cubistguitar » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:47 pm

So glad i grabbed this, best muff ever
cubistguitar

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby VishNuRoXoUt » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:01 pm

The start of my pedalboard reconstruction. It's brilliant. It really is.
VishNuRoXoUt

interested
interested

Re: Which ditty to opt a gift?

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:37 pm

irMusMalaTaum wrote:... So you needn’t to sweat bullets ...

Funny how this ended up in a Blunderbuss thread.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Atrox » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:55 pm

Just ordered one from Prymaxe. So stoked!
Atrox

committed
committed

Postby molul » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:52 am

molul wrote:And now that I was happy with finally having just one pedal for goin' dirty, I discover the Blunderbuss. Oh man! >_< I'm not buying it immediately 'cos I want to explore the Musket in depth, but I know I'll have it before July. It just sounds great too.

I've managed to resist GAS for a couple of weeks. Not bad! It was a matter of time, specially after watching that Prymaxe demo.

Blunder is coming...

PS: has anyone played with both Musket and Blunder active, just for the sake of it?
molul

interested
interested

Postby benjuro » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:43 am

molul wrote:
PS: has anyone played with both Musket and Blunder active, just for the sake of it?

HELLS YEAH :evil:
Blunderbuss really doesn't like to follow other fuzz, try it first, some cool stacking fun to be had with the two of them...but very easy to push them when combined into a sloppy clip-fest.
Special low-frequency version.
benjuro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby molul » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:13 am

Do you mean that [Guitar -> Musket -> Blunder -> Amp] is not cool but [Guitar -> Blunder -> Musket -> Amp] is?

I don't plan on doing it on a regular basis, but I was curious about how these two colossus might sound together. I'm so looking forward to saying that "I had the Musket and then I bought the Blunderbuss but I don't regret it. I wouldn't remove any of them from my pedalboard" :D

PS: I'm changing my amp's tubes this afternoon so when the Blunder arrives everything is at its best.
molul

interested
interested

Postby molul » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:16 am

Well, finally my Blunderbuss has arrived (50 euros more expensive due to customs... *uck). I'm so looking forward to getting home and plug it ^^

[EDIT] Man, this is as awesome as I expected. I'm not as impressed as when I first tried the Musket, but the Blunderbuss definitely brings something new to the table. As I read somewhere, it's closer to The Smashing Pumpkins' "Tarantula" guitar sound than the Musket (brighter and sharper).

Fortunately, the Musket will still be very useful for me (I was afraid that I'd have to sell it). Having used the Big Muff and the Rat so far, the Musket-Blunderbuss pair seems like a good upgrade. I'd say the two of them sound like (but not exactly) a hybrid between the Rat and Big Muff, the Musket closer to the Big Muff and the Blunderbuss closer to the Rat. I'm so looking forward to recording with both pedals and listen to them mixed :!!!:

BTW, with Guitar->Blunder->Musket->Amp, Musket + Blunder is not very different from just Blunder. Blunder + Fix'd Deluxe seems more noticeable.
molul

interested
interested

Postby McPherson123 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:09 am

After a couple years of obsessing over the Blunderbuss and ending up purchasing a myriad of other comparable muff-based boutique fuzzes, I finally pulled the trigger on one. I'm very excited to receive it. The Prymaxe comprehensive demo on youtube makes it seem like any and all potential tones are possible so I can't wait to get in there and twist some knobs. My fear is that I'll still be GAS'ing over other hi-gain muff types even though the Blunderbuss seems like the final word in that category.
My Fuzz pedals in order of acquisition:

Akai Drive 3 Analog Custom Shop Fuzz
Tech 21 Boost Fuzz
T-Rex Tonebug Fuzz
Electro Harmonix NYC Big Muff Pi [2013]
Black Arts Toneworks LSTR Fuzz
Daredevil Pedals '77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz (Chicago Music Exchange Exclusive)
Blackout Effectors Blunderbuss Hybrid Fuzz
Way Huge Swollen Pickle Jumbo Fuzz [2015]
Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi [2016]
Bixonic Expandora EXP-2000 (Forbidden Mode)
Electro Harmonix Op-Amp Big Muff Pi Reissue
McPherson123

interested
interested

Postby molul » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:56 am

You made the right choice :) I have both the Musket and the Blunderbuss, and while I think I love the Musket sound, I think I could live just with the Blunder. You'll be amazed when you play with it for the first time.
molul

interested
interested

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:59 am

Gas never goes away, dude.

That said, Blackout (and everyone else here) make some rad stuff, so it's not like it's a bad thing.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Blackout Effectors