CHK CHK BOOM and Utter Stutter?

Moderator: lawrence scaduto

Re: CHK CHK BOOM and Utter Stutter?

Postby StudioShutIn » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:36 pm

I'm a little confused about the difference between the CCB and Utter Stutter.
I mean, I know that the US has an LFO, for pulsing effects, but is the basic function the same?
also, do both use momentary switches, or does the Utter Stutter have a latching switch? I had a hard time figuring this out from the info on the site.
One final question. In one of the Youtube videos, it looks like the Utter Stutter has a 'polyrhythmic' effect, where it can be pulsing at one speed, but that speed is further
modulated by a second oscillator? Maybe I'm just imagining things...
StudioShutIn

Re: CHK CHK BOOM and Utter Stutter?

Postby lawrence scaduto » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:36 pm

StudioShutIn wrote:I'm a little confused about the difference between the CCB and Utter Stutter.
I mean, I know that the US has an LFO, for pulsing effects, but is the basic function the same?
also, do both use momentary switches, or does the Utter Stutter have a latching switch? I had a hard time figuring this out from the info on the site.
One final question. In one of the Youtube videos, it looks like the Utter Stutter has a 'poly-rhythmic' effect, where it can be pulsing at one speed, but that speed is further
modulated by a second oscillator? Maybe I'm just imagining things...

the basic function is the same for both pedals. the CCB creates a feedback loop when the switch (or joy button) is pressed.

the US creates a feedback loop depending on the rate set. this can be from around 1 a second to several hundred per second.

the US has two switches. one is latched and one is momentary.

the poly-rhythmic effect your seeing is a result of one the pedals in the chain
I make Pedalshttp://ohnoho.com
I sell pedal parts http://bitcheslovemyswitches.com
thinking of PMing? email lawrence at ohnoho dot com for the quickest response
lawrence scaduto

committed
committed

Previous

Return to ohnoho