I really like making gear review videos



Moderator: lawrence scaduto

Re: I really like making gear review videos

Postby lawrence scaduto » Wed May 09, 2012 5:22 pm

hclapp219 wrote:
lawrence scaduto wrote:I'm gonna try the yellow text next time.

Now I can kind of picture it as an aesthetic choice.

New one:



This amp sounds awesome!


It's on ebay If you're interested. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 723wt_1401
I make Pedalshttp://ohnoho.com
I sell pedal parts http://bitcheslovemyswitches.com
thinking of PMing? email lawrence at ohnoho dot com for the quickest response
lawrence scaduto

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:28 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: I really like making gear review videos

Postby delaydecay » Wed May 09, 2012 6:21 pm

These videos are awesome! great job, Lawrence :thumb:

no real requests other than MORE!
delaydecay

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1166
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:37 am

Re: I really like making gear review videos

Postby Chankgeez » Wed May 09, 2012 6:57 pm

delaydecay wrote:These videos are awesome! great job, Lawrence :thumb:

no real requests other than MORE!


:thumb: :summon: :thumb:
There is a light emitting diode that never goes out. ...................Sweet dealin': here
0
Robin Guthrie wrote:Those Little Feat solos are still fucking eluding me!

"Plugging one effects unit into another, and then another, and so on produced some amazing effects; sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't." - John Brierley on Martin Hannett
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 14389
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: I really like making gear review videos

Postby lawrence scaduto » Thu May 10, 2012 11:41 am

Chankgeez wrote:
delaydecay wrote:These videos are awesome! great job, Lawrence :thumb:

no real requests other than MORE!


:thumb: :summon: :thumb:


Ya'll are making me blush
I make Pedalshttp://ohnoho.com
I sell pedal parts http://bitcheslovemyswitches.com
thinking of PMing? email lawrence at ohnoho dot com for the quickest response
lawrence scaduto

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:28 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: I really like making gear review videos

Postby Chankgeez » Thu May 10, 2012 1:57 pm

So, Lawrence, I just noticed the tweet in your sig.

You bidding on that Inter-Mark?

I've got two of the six strings. I love those guitars.
There is a light emitting diode that never goes out. ...................Sweet dealin': here
0
Robin Guthrie wrote:Those Little Feat solos are still fucking eluding me!

"Plugging one effects unit into another, and then another, and so on produced some amazing effects; sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't." - John Brierley on Martin Hannett
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 14389
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: I really like making gear review videos

Postby lawrence scaduto » Thu May 10, 2012 4:46 pm

Chankgeez wrote:So, Lawrence, I just noticed the tweet in your sig.

You bidding on that Inter-Mark?

I've got two of the six strings. I love those guitars.


Actually I'm not. I'm on a bit of a purge right now so I can build up the collection again.

How are they? I haven't played one before. Are they matsumoko? Arai? Kawai?
I make Pedalshttp://ohnoho.com
I sell pedal parts http://bitcheslovemyswitches.com
thinking of PMing? email lawrence at ohnoho dot com for the quickest response
lawrence scaduto

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:28 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: I really like making gear review videos

Postby Chankgeez » Thu May 10, 2012 4:57 pm

I think you should bid on it. I think you might dig it.

They're great guitars. Definite Fender offset vibe goin' on. Very high quality for a Japanese instrument of that time. Pickups are wonderfully microphonic. I don't think it's ever been determined to anyone's satisfaction which factory they were built in. This guy here thinks he's some sorta guitarcheologist, not sure how accurate his info is:

http://drowninginguitars.com/2012/01/21/hail-atlantis-mid-1960s-inter-mark-cipher-4t-japanese-guitar/
There is a light emitting diode that never goes out. ...................Sweet dealin': here
0
Robin Guthrie wrote:Those Little Feat solos are still fucking eluding me!

"Plugging one effects unit into another, and then another, and so on produced some amazing effects; sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't." - John Brierley on Martin Hannett
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 14389
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: I really like making gear review videos

Postby lawrence scaduto » Fri May 11, 2012 10:29 am

Chankgeez wrote:I think you should bid on it. I think you might dig it.

They're great guitars. Definite Fender offset vibe goin' on. Very high quality for a Japanese instrument of that time. Pickups are wonderfully microphonic. I don't think it's ever been determined to anyone's satisfaction which factory they were built in. This guy here thinks he's some sorta guitarcheologist, not sure how accurate his info is:

http://drowninginguitars.com/2012/01/21/hail-atlantis-mid-1960s-inter-mark-cipher-4t-japanese-guitar/



Duuuude. great find there. My biggest complaint so far with the older jap stuff are the pickups all seem to be the same. They're all kind of plonky. With the exception of the electras I've owned. I'll get a Cipher one day. When it comes into my lap like a wayward stripper.
I make Pedalshttp://ohnoho.com
I sell pedal parts http://bitcheslovemyswitches.com
thinking of PMing? email lawrence at ohnoho dot com for the quickest response
lawrence scaduto

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:28 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: I really like making gear review videos

Postby bob the r0bot » Sun May 13, 2012 8:27 pm

I'd really be interested in seeing you demo vintage cheapie keyboards and pedals; like the DODs that nobody remembers and Casio VL tones(I actually have one I could contribute if you're at all interested).
soundcloud..............http://soundcloud.com/bob-the-r0bot
bandcamp..............http://fluorescenttiger.bandcamp.com/

art stuff................http://formtwo.tumblr.com/

Achtane wrote:My dream is to go traveling and run across a wonderul knockoff Deavey JSICIAN in, like, Vietnam. And I"ll buy it off of the people who've been using it as a village PA system for the last 30 years.
bob the r0bot

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 4191
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:37 pm
Location: The bible belt.

Re: I really like making gear review videos

Postby lawrence scaduto » Sun May 13, 2012 9:24 pm

bob the r0bot wrote:I'd really be interested in seeing you demo vintage cheapie keyboards and pedals; like the DODs that nobody remembers and Casio VL tones(I actually have one I could contribute if you're at all interested).


Dude. I almost bought a whole bunch of Digitech pedals today to do that exact thing. I went through a crappy keyboard phase about 2 years ago so that time may have passed.

I did 2 more videos this week:







the 'stang is on eBay if anyone is interested
I make Pedalshttp://ohnoho.com
I sell pedal parts http://bitcheslovemyswitches.com
thinking of PMing? email lawrence at ohnoho dot com for the quickest response
lawrence scaduto

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:28 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: I really like making gear review videos

Postby Chankgeez » Sun May 27, 2012 11:06 pm

Awesome demos, Lawrence, but what IS the deal with that pinkish purple fire escape?
There is a light emitting diode that never goes out. ...................Sweet dealin': here
0
Robin Guthrie wrote:Those Little Feat solos are still fucking eluding me!

"Plugging one effects unit into another, and then another, and so on produced some amazing effects; sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't." - John Brierley on Martin Hannett
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 14389
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: I really like making gear review videos

Postby lawrence scaduto » Tue May 29, 2012 9:58 am

Chankgeez wrote:Awesome demos, Lawrence, but what IS the deal with that pinkish purple fire escape?


Thanks. That's where I paint stuff. All of that is overspray. You should see the rest of the backyard. It's a rainbow of drip patterns.

side note: new demo


I make Pedalshttp://ohnoho.com
I sell pedal parts http://bitcheslovemyswitches.com
thinking of PMing? email lawrence at ohnoho dot com for the quickest response
lawrence scaduto

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:28 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

PreviousNext

Return to ohnoho



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.