· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Do-it-yourself pedal building

Forum rules

The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!
Post a reply

Re: DIY Info Collection.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:35 pm

I have a question about painting:

I painted with rustoleum spray paint and I want to repaint the enclosure. Should I remove the old paint or just paint over? Can I use paint thinner?

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:02 pm

You can probably just paint over it if you are using the same composition of paint. BUT...

- Scuff the old paint with some sandpaper, maybe 150 grit, so the new paint has something to stick to.
- Clean the enclosure with naptha (Zippo lighter fluid) to remove any grease before you paint.

If the paint is different composition, you may run into difficulty.

Mike

Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:45 pm

Thanks.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:46 pm

pace soldering tutorials
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL01059E0DD8C3E6A1

Mon May 27, 2013 5:29 pm

Here's a series of Eagle tutorials on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 7K3cZNxlBU

Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:25 am

Here are just two from JustNicks channel. He's been posting some informative videos about circuits, how amps work, and ground and stuff! Check it out! It's pretty interesting for for DIY nooblords like maself

Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:11 pm

Is there any added risk in using a OneSpot when prototyping/breadboarding pedals compared to using a 9V battery?

Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:11 pm

cedarskies wrote:Is there any added risk in using a OneSpot when prototyping/breadboarding pedals compared to using a 9V battery?

None that I'd be worried about.
If you were say, circuit bending something that had the power cable hard wired, and you're in there just poking around...yea. In your case though, no.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:44 pm

always store your FET in the original anti static package. use proper ESD safe procedures when handling any FET. I lost 8 hours of my life chasing a problem down on a project with a large parts count only to find that two terminals of a FET were shorted causing the opamps and the regulator and the OTA's to suck 73ma. I destroyed every component one by one cutting them out and checking total load.

Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:00 am

Anywhere i could get some schematics for a Grendel Drone Commander? I can't seem to find a price on them anywhere or anyone selling them in Europe. Shoot me a PM.

Fri May 22, 2015 7:17 pm

Are there any places that sell complete starter kits? That would make life a lot easier. :lol:

Fri May 22, 2015 8:45 pm

Droneforbreakfast wrote:Anywhere i could get some schematics for a Grendel Drone Commander? I can't seem to find a price on them anywhere or anyone selling them in Europe. Shoot me a PM.

They don't sell these in Europe?? That sounds awful dumb of them.

You have one of us United States guys take send you one over.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:55 am

Not really a effect question, but couldn't find a similar thread in the "guitar projects" forum.

I'm putting together a guitar with a lot of different pickups and I need a switch(not footswitch) which let me choose between two output jacks. Pickup > volume pot > switch > output A or B.
What do I need?

Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:01 am

an on-on spdt

pretty much any guitar 2-pickup selector switch will work, you just have to figure out which lugs to use

Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:14 am

PCB design tutorial

http://alternatezone.com/electronics/fi ... alRevA.pdf
Post a reply