DIY Info Collection.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: DIY Info Collection.

Postby jfrey » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:47 am

Haven't read through it, but this may be useful:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/ ... cuits.html
D.o.S. wrote:You're like a walking Mad Men episode.

BitchPudding wrote:DO WHAT MUST BE DONE, LORD JFREY.

friendship wrote:one cool thing about living is that things get worse and worse and worse until you die

My music rec Twitter: https://twitter.com/MostlyEssential
jfrey

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jero » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:35 pm

jfrey wrote:Haven't read through it, but this may be useful:

Has some pretty good info on pots/controls
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Scruffie » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:39 pm

Jero wrote:
jfrey wrote:Haven't read through it, but this may be useful:

Has some pretty good info on pots/controls

Indeed and ohms law which is damn important.

There's some simmilarly decent articles on pot & there tapers at gaussmarkov.net
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby eatyourguitar » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:34 am

WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Schlatte » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:09 pm

eatyourguitar wrote:eagle tutorial
:yay:

I've had three semesters of layouting so far.... :facepalm:
It's easier to work with (especially in the schematics region) if you switch on the grid. And if you consider working with the schem section for hours you should probably switch the colors (like in the board section). Because otherwise your eyes might start to bleed :omg:
Good Deals with: All these fine people!

MOM-D Shark Tank is back! Open Source Designs for musical pleasure! Back in the Tank! Go check it out!
Schlatte

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby IEatCats » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:00 pm

I ended up on this thread on DIY Stomp Boxes, and it's a crazy wealth of resources to help understand both how components interact, and how they work on a particle level.
I trust that I'll be going back to this thread for as long as I'm building pedals. Figured I'd pass it along in here.
maz91379 wrote:this board is really weird sometimes bros

Amissoteomb wrote:Modern technology makes the process of purchasing erection pills even simpler and swifter than before.
IEatCats

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby oldangelmidnight » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:24 pm

I haven't used this, but it looks interesting: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/circuit- ... d492487671
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Anyone here know of good info on making a microphone?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Achtane » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:53 pm

jwar wrote:Anyone here know of good info on making a microphone?

Uhh, here's a thing about contact mics...http://home.earthlink.net/~erinys/contactmic.html
I'd also check out the Noiseguide forums if that's what you're after.

Otherwise, :idk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:03 pm

I'm talking like a stage mic. I found some kits online, but I'm looking to mode one pretty drastically.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Well whatever. I placed an order for almost 1500 parts and it was only 35 bucks with shipping!

Does anyone know a good place to order bulk 3dpt switches, jacks, and pots? Tayda's pots are cheap too but I want to see if I can get different ones.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jero » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:28 pm

jwar wrote:Well whatever. I placed an order for almost 1500 parts and it was only 35 bucks with shipping!

Does anyone know a good place to order bulk 3dpt switches, jacks, and pots? Tayda's pots are cheap too but I want to see if I can get different ones.

I can't stress how much I'm not trying to be a dick here but...You have issues with your builds somewhat consistently, might you be jumping the gun on ordering a ton/bulk of stuff?
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:21 pm

Jero wrote:
jwar wrote:Well whatever. I placed an order for almost 1500 parts and it was only 35 bucks with shipping!

I can't stress how much I'm not trying to be a dick here but...You have issues with your builds somewhat consistently, might you be jumping the gun on ordering a ton/bulk of stuff?

35 bucks and the chance to continue learning doesn't feel like "jumping the gun" to me. I learn more with each build. This way I won't have to continually order stuff.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby greeny23 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:01 pm

I get switches from pedal parts Australia. Bulk stuff from 4site is great though.
greeny23

experienced
experienced

Postby McSpunckle » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:10 pm

I use the 50 cent jacks at pedal parts. They're fine. The metal is a bit thinner than Switchcraft, but not enough so that it's a problem, and they solder easier.

Mammoth is cheaper for pots and switches than the other DIY places. Places like Tayda have some stuff cheaper, though.
McSpunckle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Effects