Super simple phase inverter for fuzz boxes?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: Super simple phase inverter for fuzz boxes?

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:45 pm

I would just build an opamp buffer that inverts phase and put it after your dirt pedals. There is a lot of nuance to getting impedances to behave but a simple opamp buffer after the dirt pedals should be fine.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Super simple phase inverter for fuzz boxes?

Postby eatyourguitar » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:53 am

even though my store is closed I can still sell you a PCB with an inverting opamp. $5 with free shipping in the USA.
you only need to populate R1, R2, R3, R5, R6, C5, C7, C8, C9, IC2 (right side opamp in the picture). LED resistor is optional. the input jack tip gets wired to S-0. the output jack tip gets wired to S-180. all the grounds everywhere must be connected somewhere. power ground, PCB ground, jack sleeves, maybe the enclosure that is optional. your footswitch might have a ground if you have an LED. you might not want a footswitch here. maybe no LED. there are two grounds on the PCB so maybe it would be easier to wire power to the PCB then use the extra ground to run to both jack sleeves.

splitblendPIC.jpg

splitblendV01guide.pdf
(88.68 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to DIY Effects