Octaved RAT project

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Octaved RAT project

Postby Madjuniorfuzz » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:37 pm

Hi guys! Greetings from Brazil!
some days ago I sketched this schematic of an idea that I had. Yeah I know, seems like the Life pedal, but with some differences. I put a green ringer "inside" the blend circuit with jfets and I put it in front of the rat circuit, my idea is that the blend keep the octave sound "off" when the blend is at minimum and it is pronounced little by little as the pot opens blend. I took the opportunity to put a SAG control on the RAT IC v+ pin, I think I could get some velcro sounds with that. I will also use a mosfet / led clipping key since they are my favorites and a boost mosfet(switchtable) :p. I'm also thinking of using the Incandeza Bypass from Demedash effects.
Here the schematic:
(best quality here:https://i.imgur.com/CxhNSUs.jpg)
Cheers
fazer barulho é meu lema
@noiselab_
@reginaldo_fonsecafx
Madjuniorfuzz

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Octaved RAT project

Postby whoismarykelly » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:05 pm

The way you have this drawn, the green ringer is after the RAT which will really strangle the sound quite a bit as you blend. It won't sound anything like a Life Pedal. If you want to do the Life Pedal thing you should put the green ringer on the input of the rat and have the blend out front.

Also, you wont get velcro from starving a Rat. It'll just get soft and squishy.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to DIY Effects