Reverb power supply

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: Reverb power supply

Postby eatyourguitar » Sat May 16, 2020 9:06 am

220uf good for about 200mA. if you don't have regulators but you have big ass NPN PNP you can make a pass transistor that works like a regulator. personally I would solve this with 2000uF caps a 1/2 watt resistors 0.1 Ohms or something. maybe even two stage RC low pass filter 1000uF each. I have all kinds of chokes but those are more expensive than regulators. if you salvage chokes then that would be the only cheap way.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Sat May 16, 2020 10:29 am

eatyourguitar wrote:220uf good for about 200mA.

Plenty of current for a TL072, unless the previously linked schematic is not involved.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ben79 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:08 pm

Thanks guys, I think I'll probably use a couple of regulators - I've just looked them up and see that there is a special kind for the negative rail.

That schem is, I think, just chopped from a Marshall amp so I'm wondering if it can function unmodified as a standalone unit....

Looking at it, do you think the input and output are ok as they are ie. guitar signal friendly at the input and amp friendly at the out?

There's no provision for any mixing control in the schem.....any ideas for something simple to solve this? Could it be as simple as replacing the ground at the 5k pot with the dry signal, maybe through a simple booster to match the levels?
Ben79

experienced
experienced

Postby eatyourguitar » Sat May 16, 2020 8:24 pm

yes LM317T LM337T. I lifted it from the MFOS design which is pretty close to the texas instruments datasheet. here is a picture of my LM317 LM337 supply. you don't really need the trimmer if you want to save $2. ham people build these on copper clad. there are many low budget hacks. don't short the heatsinks to each other.

https://eatyourguitar.myshopify.com/col ... -bus-board
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ben79 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:07 am

Here's a little demo of the reverb....

https://soundcloud.com/momsazombie/aflicker

Ben79

experienced
experienced

Postby eatyourguitar » Sun May 24, 2020 7:53 pm

I love the way you jam. the reverb works good then.
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Sun May 24, 2020 11:40 pm

Yeah, that sounds nice!
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ben79 » Tue May 26, 2020 12:47 pm

I'm stoked with it. Still haven't got the 10k pot for the fuzz yet but I'll post a pic or two once it's all buttoned up....maybe do a demo of the fuzz too.
Ben79

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to DIY Effects