Maestro PS-1a Mod Help

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Maestro PS-1a Mod Help

Postby maxwellravitz » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:44 pm

Hello,

I'm admittedly a noob when it comes to circuit diagrams. I've done a lot of DIY modular synth building, but mainly with instructions involved, and I want to do a modification that doesn't seem to be that well documented. I have a maestro PS-1a phaser, and later in the manufacturing run there was a maestro PS-1b that has a variable speed control for the phaser LFO. I would like to add the speed control, and was looking for help identifying where in the circuit the speed pot needs to be placed. Also given that there is a trimmer for oscillator depth, I'm thinking of adding a variable panel control for this. I've included a schematic diagram, can anyone assist me pretty please? :)

PS1-A_zpsa91ac74b.gif
maxwellravitz

involved
involved

Re: Maestro PS-1a Mod Help

Postby eatyourguitar » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:35 pm

why don't you just look at the other schematic? failing that, pot (or trimmer?) in the bottom left will bias the transistor that sets the speed of the LFO. there is a 3.9K pullup from the red switch connected to a pot connected to a 100k pull-down (-12v). the 1M can be deleted.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:21 pm

eatyourguitar wrote:why don't you just look at the other schematic? failing that, pot (or trimmer?) in the bottom left will bias the transistor that sets the speed of the LFO. there is a 3.9K pullup from the red switch connected to a pot connected to a 100k pull-down (-12v). the 1M can be deleted.

the schematic provided seems to be for the 1a AND 1b (Versions 2 and 3 according to pic) or maybe op updated since you posted....

the variable pot in the 1b is likely the 2meg pot labelled "R4 2MEG PS1B ONLY"

im just going to go out on a limb and say that is probably your guy.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby eatyourguitar » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:32 am

I can't read shit that small. I guess its the black box you read that?
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:53 am

ya it's definitely not that clear, but to be fair the text in the box is the same size as the resistor values, "red" etc you seemed to do fine with (:
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby maxwellravitz » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:22 am

ah shit, right you are. Somehow missed that little box. so it's just a 2m audio pot...
maxwellravitz

involved
involved

Return to DIY Effects