Looking for: someone to mod my Digitech XP-100 to an XP-ALL

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Looking for: someone to mod my Digitech XP-100 to an XP-ALL

Postby fever606 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:34 pm

Title pretty much says it all. I can wire up a guitar or the odd Bazz Fuzz circuit, but this shit is WAY beyond my skill level.

Who wanna tackle this? :!!!:
fever606

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Looking for: someone to mod my Digitech XP-100 to an XP-

Postby Teej212 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:35 am

head over to diystompboxes. might have better luck there
Teej212

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby digi2t » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:56 am

Contact Govmnt_Lacky at diysb.
"Turn down the amp, strum harder." - PRR

http://www.deadendfx.com/
digi2t

experienced
experienced

Postby fever606 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:28 am

Guess I'm signing up for yet another forum! :lol:
fever606

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby KaosCill8r » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:51 am

It's quick and painless to sign up and they are a very friendly bunch of people there. Much like here only with more censorship. :lol:
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby notnews32 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:56 am

I did a bit of research into the XP-all mod a while back and remember reading about the differences between the XP-100, -200, -300, and -400. Apparently the XP-100 is missing much more of what it takes to turn it into an XP-All when compared to the others. The XP-100 is not a "true" stereo effect.. I guess digitech simulates the stereo effect by using wet/L and dry/R outputs, as opposed to the others which have truly stereo-ized effects. You're better off starting with one of the other XP- effects if you're gonna try to build an XP-All...

just two cents... you can convert the XP-100 to the XP-all, it's just gonna take more parts and labor and skill than if you began with one of the other units.
Great deals with: silikon, blunder, JonnyAngle, insubordination, echorec
notnews32

involved
involved

Postby digi2t » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:08 am

notnews32 wrote:I did a bit of research into the XP-all mod a while back and remember reading about the differences between the XP-100, -200, -300, and -400. Apparently the XP-100 is missing much more of what it takes to turn it into an XP-All when compared to the others. The XP-100 is not a "true" stereo effect.. I guess digitech simulates the stereo effect by using wet/L and dry/R outputs, as opposed to the others which have truly stereo-ized effects. You're better off starting with one of the other XP- effects if you're gonna try to build an XP-All...

just two cents... you can convert the XP-100 to the XP-all, it's just gonna take more parts and labor and skill than if you began with one of the other units.

True, but based on that, it's why we developed the build doc around the XP-100, and not on one of the other models. Being the most part/labor intensive of the gang, anyone with the required skills will recognize that converting a 200 or 400 will be easier. You simply extrapolate the required info from the 100 build, and apply it to the 200, or 400 platform.

As for the stereo out, any way you decide to build, you'll have to address the stereo out issue in XP-100 mode, if you REALLY want to keep the stereo out in 100 mode. It's the only one that works in a wet/dry configuration of the four models. If you wish to retain the dry out in 100 mode, you have no choice but to add the relay circuitry, so whether you build from a 100, or other platform, it makes no difference.
"Turn down the amp, strum harder." - PRR

http://www.deadendfx.com/
digi2t

experienced
experienced

Return to DIY Effects