Stupid(?) DIY Trem idea

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Stupid(?) DIY Trem idea

Postby Dandolin » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:11 am

SO, I've got a couple of nice trems--a tremulus lune, and a trem built off the Music PCB tap tremolo (I think?). I want to add Brownface style "harmonic tremolo" to my board and I'm seeing it pop up everywhere, but I don't want to add another trem to the board, and I want all the schmancy tricks I get out of these trems. Seeing dminners beautiful harmonic trem build gives me an idea (and the idea ain't buy his, bc I just looked at the bank balance and the bills and nothing of mine on b/s/t is sellling evar, apparently /endwhine).

Would it be possible, do you think, to work out a daughterboard to provide the out-of-phase alternating low freq and high freq amplitude modulation but slave it to the lfo already in one of these trems for a clean "harmonic" mode addition and all the bells and whistles? Or is that wishful thinking? You can tell I ain't that sophisticated circuit-wise (read: not at all beyond bread-boarding some proto-fuzzes) to even be asking this question, this way. Wouldn't it be cool if it worked, though? Maybe some genius has already developed a project I could take a hack at?

Thanks DIYnauts!
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Stupid(?) DIY Trem idea

Postby Gone Fission » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:15 pm

Have you looked at the Jon Patton Cardinal Trem project from 1776? Group buy just closed at Madbean forums for boards for a tap tempo version of the same with documentation that is probably redundant but that might help out if you want to tie it to an existing LFO.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Stupid(?) DIY Trem idea

Postby Dandolin » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:02 pm

Thanks, mang--will check it....
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to DIY Effects