Boss switching/buffer

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Boss switching/buffer

Postby Faldoe » Sat May 16, 2015 10:52 pm

I built a few pedals with relay true-bypass, and there is still some clicking going on with them, despite being relay triggered.

Are there any tonal improved iterations of the Boss bypass design? They never make a peep when switching on and off and I'd like to utilize their bypass method.
Faldoe

Re: Boss switching/buffer

Postby spruce_moose » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:49 am

I have over 5 standard Boss buffers in my pedal chain and I bet no one in a crowd could tell. :thumb:

I found a schematic posted by tempus on DIY stompboxes that could be tinkered with.

You will need to double the circuit, but you can alter cap value to change the switching delay time and control all FETs and an LED from one DPDT and I think also just use your supply voltage to toggle the gate, although perhaps add a 1M to the second gate divider.
spruce_moose

committed
committed

Return to DIY Effects