Crazy Hyperion feedback mod complete. Awesome!!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Crazy Hyperion feedback mod complete. Awesome!!!

Postby KaosCill8r » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:35 am

Just wondering if anyone knows any crazy mods for the Devi Ever Hyperion? Something on a pot or switch? Just as long as it can be brought back to the stock circuit at a moments notice. I tried an oscillation mod by puting a 10kB pot on the circuits ground wire. It was very underwhelming to say the least. It did something but not a lot. I have more crazy oscillating fuzzes so I thought something different was probably in order for this fuzz. I'm very much into noise so the crazier the better.
Last edited by KaosCill8r on Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Crazy Hyperion mods???

Postby Jero » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:43 am

Tried a simple feedback loop (from input to output) of the board?
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby KaosCill8r » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:21 am

To do that, would I take a wire from the 3pdt stomp switch output lug to pot lug 1 then take a wire from pot lug 2 back to the 3pdt input lug? Also what resistance pot value would work well? Sorry for the dumb questions. I've never done a feedback loop mod before.
Edit. Scratch that. I found the feedback mod at the Beavis audio site. :thumb:
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jrmy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:42 pm

Stanimal does.
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby KaosCill8r » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:32 am

The feedback loop mod was a great success. Just the amount of crazy oscillation I was looking for. I used the Howl of Flaming Death mod, in the BYOC Fuzz mods section. You will find it on the Tech page at the Beavis Audio site if anyone's interested. Thanks all and thanks for the idea jero.. :thumb:
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Crazy Hyperion feedback mod complete. Awesome!!!

Postby ThurberMingus » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:49 am

Paging skully..

I just got a Hyperionoise that he built in a trade, it kills my diy Fuzz Factory for wild oscillation. I know it has a starve knob, an oscillation switch and pitch knob, and some other mystery knob.

I spend so much time cross legged on the ground twisting it's knobs that my legs fall asleep!
neonblack wrote:SELL IT!

Don't form emotional bonds with metal boxes.

Live like me. Flip everything. Romanticize nothing. Accomplish nothing.

lost in music wrote:Digivolve into champions!
ThurberMingus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:14 am

hahaha I can't even remember what I did on that Hyperion. I think I just started connecting points together until I found an oscillation point for the last knob
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby KaosCill8r » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:44 am

skullservant wrote:hahaha I can't even remember what I did on that Hyperion. I think I just started connecting points together until I found an oscillation point for the last knob

Do you ever burn out any components using that method? Sorry total noob question. All my builds and mods are paint by numbers kit builds and verified mods so I'm always curious about the methods of the experimentalist builders. :idk:
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby skullservant » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:54 am

As long as you aren't sending extra voltage to something like a transistor that has a specific voltage threshold or limit you should be fine. That's the only way I've ever blown anything and it's been one in a billion
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby KaosCill8r » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:59 am

That makes sense. Transistors and diodes seem to be the most fragile components I've come across. Have you started building again since your move? I'm still Jonesing for one of your Stampedes.
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby skullservant » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:18 am

We got moved last week, but I still have yet to unpack my building boxes or anything because I don't have any space cleared out here to set up my bench. My father in law said he was going to clear a space for me hopefully some time this weekend. But then it's a matter of finding the time after that hah
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to DIY Effects