DEVI EVER KITS

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

DEVI EVER KITS

Postby aens_wife » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:17 am

Hey dudes.

Here is the thread where you talk about your kit building problems and successes : )
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: DEVI EVER KITS

Postby theactionindex » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:27 pm

My LED looks pretty, but I haz no fuzz sounds from my Hyperion. I'm still able to hear my unaffected signal when the pedal is bypassed, but there's absolutely nothing when I engage the pedal.

Anybody have a "common noob errors" troubleshooting checklist of things to try to locate the issue?
theactionindex

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Glifted » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Yeah, I already screwed up as well. I put the C1 (the blue cylinder) on backwards. I attempted to remove it and busted one of the legs off. :picard:

This would be a lot easier if I didn't have the dexterity of a walrus.
Glifted

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Jero » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:19 pm

theactionindex wrote:My LED looks pretty, but I haz no fuzz sounds from my Hyperion. I'm still able to hear my unaffected signal when the pedal is bypassed, but there's absolutely nothing when I engage the pedal.
Anybody have a "common noob errors" troubleshooting checklist of things to try to locate the issue?

Got a good picture?

Glifted wrote:Yeah, I already screwed up as well. I put the C1 (the blue cylinder) on backwards. I attempted to remove it and busted one of the legs off. :picard:
This would be a lot easier if I didn't have the dexterity of a walrus.

Were you able to get the leg lifted out of the pcb?
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Glifted » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:22 pm

Sadly no. I hope I didn't ruin the board.
Glifted

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby DarrenDoo » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:02 pm

Are the photos on the build sheets specific to each build or should I not use that as a reference?
DarrenDoo

involved
involved

Postby CyaNitrate » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:46 pm

Yeah, specific. I have a Bit and Hyperion and they are different. Bit has board mounted pots, Hyp doesn't.
jwar wrote:BRO! There is only one order! Bass>fuzz>fuzz>fuzz>fuzz>overdriven amp. :)

goroth wrote:Come up here and fuzz party. Yes. Fuzz party. It is a legit verb.
CyaNitrate

experienced
experienced

Postby Jero » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:33 pm

Glifted wrote:Sadly no. I hope I didn't ruin the board.

All the traces/pads still attached? If so, you're fine. I doubt you hurt anything other than the capacitor itself.

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby theactionindex » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:37 pm

Jero wrote:
theactionindex wrote:My LED looks pretty, but I haz no fuzz sounds from my Hyperion. I'm still able to hear my unaffected signal when the pedal is bypassed, but there's absolutely nothing when I engage the pedal.

Got a good picture?

I'll be able to take one tomorrow most likely. I'm picking up radio stations when I crank the volume and pregain knobs.

DID I BUILD A RADIO?!
theactionindex

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby theactionindex » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:40 pm

So here's what I've got going on.

I know, I know. I'm a natural. :facepalm:
2015-02-07 17.05.27 HDR.jpg
2015-02-07 17.05.27 HDR.jpg (135.02 KiB) Viewed 6272 times
theactionindex

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mknmuzic » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:23 am

I finished my Hyperion kit and it's working great except for 1 small issue. If the Pregain knob is turned all the way up and you hit the bypass switch, the bypass signal has a slightly lower output and some fuzz sound. If I back it off it it cleans up and is back to unity gain. Anyone have this issue? This is only my second pedal build and I'm teaching myself as I go so any troubleshooting suggestions would be appreciated.
mknmuzic

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Nocentelli » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:11 pm

Sounds like the bypass switch is wired incorrectly: Can you post the footswitch wiring diagram you used?
Nocentelli

involved
involved

Postby Jero » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:24 am

theactionindex wrote:So here's what I've got going on.
I know, I know. I'm a natural. :facepalm:
2015-02-07 17.05.27 HDR.jpg

It might just be me, but it looks like some of those components are wired to unusual spots? Like the resistor and tantalum cap in the middle of the pcb. I'm curious what the documentation for these looks like.

mknmuzic wrote:I finished my Hyperion kit and it's working great except for 1 small issue. If the Pregain knob is turned all the way up and you hit the bypass switch, the bypass signal has a slightly lower output and some fuzz sound. If I back it off it it cleans up and is back to unity gain. Anyone have this issue? This is only my second pedal build and I'm teaching myself as I go so any troubleshooting suggestions would be appreciated.

Other than Nocentelli's comment, is there any way your pregain pot isn't shorting out somewhere?

Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Nocentelli » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:59 am

A short on the pregain shouldn't affect it in bypass.
Nocentelli

involved
involved

Postby Jero » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:17 am

Nocentelli wrote:A short on the pregain shouldn't affect it in bypass.

Sorry, misread the post the first time.

Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to DIY Effects