I attempted a fuzz box but a happy accident happened

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

I attempted a fuzz box but a happy accident happened

Postby el badger » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:57 pm

So before I solder this up and seal it up in a box, I was trying the Bazz Fuss and used what I had on hand, moved some things around, added a capacitor and voila: it is a booster but amplifies the bottom end pretty sweet, even on the bridge pickups, the sound is warm and bassy, the transistor (NTE 100 - oscillator / amplifier) the sweeps are subtle but are not there when bypassed. So all in all it sounds like a tube amp with a very slow Leslie cabinet. Absolutely no fuzz whatsoever! Very clean! If I could control the sweeps or add some fuzz I would welcome know-how from DIY vets. I already tried a 1k pot on the ground and it didn't change anything. Here is what I have. A photo and a schematic (if I messed up the drawing I apologize in advance as it has been a while).

DIY Anti Fuzz Booster Osc_795x709.jpg
The is the photo of the breadboard obviously.
tube slow leslie BAZZ FUSS_496x795.jpg
This is my attempt at schematic.
Are you sure you used black wire for the negative?
el badger

interested
interested

Return to DIY Effects