Who can do a mod for me?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Who can do a mod for me?

Postby K2000 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:23 pm

I have an Alesis ModFX Bitrman that has a mod I'm interested in. I cannot possibly do it myself. It's probably not for inexperienced builders. Mod turns the Footswitch jack (worthless, IMO) into a CV input. Mod documented here:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=45777.0

There are some Youtube videos which show the mod in action...

http://www.matrixsynth.com/2008/04/alesis-bitrman-control-voltage-mod.html

If you have the ability and the spare time, PM me with costs. I'll be away from Nov 20 to after January 7th so I won't be bugging you for progress reports ;)
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Re: Who can do a mod for me?

Postby doommeow » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:32 pm

interests my to relevant is this
doommeow

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby K2000 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:48 pm

Crickets... :cry:

Going away for a couple months, I'll check back after the new year.

:poke:
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby eatyourguitar » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:25 pm

I have 6 guitar amps and 6 pedals in my shop for mods or repair so thats a no from me till after new year. however, I have added CV to pedals that had no documentation online. I reverse engineer pedals and design the mods myself.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu May 07, 2015 2:19 pm

Necrotizing because I waantz for Bitrman (cv control of bitrness) and Metavox (cv control of freeq). Would be :!!!:

Did anybody find a modding genius? K2000? :hello: :hug:

eatyourguitar, you still around? :group:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby doommeow » Thu May 07, 2015 3:20 pm

ooooh, had forgotten about this. Still relevant to my interests.
doommeow

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dandolin » Thu May 07, 2015 3:37 pm

Yaz. Oyez.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tabbycat » Thu May 07, 2015 7:27 pm

it's a really simple mod. the description makes it sound far more complicated than it is because the op is documenting the whole proces of working it out as well. but it's basically add a jacksocket with a couple of resistors to the unit and put a 100k and 500k pot into an old wah. if you've ever used a soldering iron you could probably attempt this without any trouble. if you haven't, any friend who knows one end of a soldering iron from the other should be able to cope. the only pita seems to be getting the case to fit, which is just material chopping-adapting, not an electrical issue.
'be a good animal, true to your instincts' (d.h.lawrence).
tabbycat

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Thu May 07, 2015 11:36 pm

tabbycat wrote:it's a really simple mod. the description makes it sound far more complicated than it is because the op is documenting the whole proces of working it out as well. but it's basically add a jacksocket with a couple of resistors to the unit and put a 100k and 500k pot into an old wah. if you've ever used a soldering iron you could probably attempt this without any trouble. if you haven't, any friend who knows one end of a soldering iron from the other should be able to cope. the only pita seems to be getting the case to fit, which is just material chopping-adapting, not an electrical issue.

Hmmm. Thanks for the info-I might give this a try on one of my other ModFXes first, like the Philtre, which I wouldn't cry about if I fuck it up.... Actually, I wanted someone else to do it moreso because I'll end up procrastinating it into the grave with me....
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tabbycat » Fri May 08, 2015 5:20 am

Dandolin wrote:
tabbycat wrote:it's a really simple mod. the description makes it sound far more complicated than it is because the op is documenting the whole proces of working it out as well. but it's basically add a jacksocket with a couple of resistors to the unit and put a 100k and 500k pot into an old wah. if you've ever used a soldering iron you could probably attempt this without any trouble. if you haven't, any friend who knows one end of a soldering iron from the other should be able to cope. the only pita seems to be getting the case to fit, which is just material chopping-adapting, not an electrical issue.

Hmmm. Thanks for the info-I might give this a try on one of my other ModFXes first, like the Philtre, which I wouldn't cry about if I fuck it up.... Actually, I wanted someone else to do it moreso because I'll end up procrastinating it into the grave with me....

over the weekend i can lay the required bits jack, resistors, pots, etc, out on my desk as they are to be assembled and take a photo if that would help you get an idea of what is required.
the only bit you need to be careful about is when you attach the jacks to the circuit board. save that until last. if you overheat a solder contact you can damage it, but the solution is easy, don't over heat it.

if you are intending to try i'll send you a link to a yt clip of good soldering in pratice so you will know what you are aiming for. basically it's hot and quick. just dab it, don't fry it. practice on just bits of wire or an old useless circuit board if you want to get your confidence up.

anyway, let me know if you want me to do a photo of the jack and bits.
tabbycat

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Fri May 08, 2015 12:53 pm

Yes-that would be awesomuge. :hug:

I feel like I could do this.... :)*
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tabbycat » Mon May 11, 2015 2:06 pm

hey dandelion, couldn't do the photos as spent the whole weekend in bed due to health problems. will get onto this later this week. only just up to typing. but haven't forgotten.
tabbycat

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Mon May 11, 2015 4:44 pm

Hope you're feeling better soon!

No rush, and thank you very much!
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to DIY Effects