Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby cloudscapes » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:51 pm

An octave clang/jawari inspired transformer/diode fuzz with resonant filter and wet/dry tacked on. And soft-stomp relay bypass!

Last edited by cloudscapes on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cloudscapes

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:13 pm

yes please
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cloudscapes » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:51 pm

not exactly a pedal, but I also made this, this week:

it's a power supply, microcontroller, DAC, ADC and some RAM that can be tacked along the top of my breadboard. it's basically a stripped-down anti-nautilus (with extra ram). great for prototyping a delay!
cloudscapes

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby DannDubbleEwe » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:30 pm

:whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa:
DannDubbleEwe

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jero » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:30 pm

Two pedal board cases. These got sent to Salvage Custom to make the boards, and then they'll be off to EQD!

I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:33 pm

That's killer Jero!
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Obulus » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:50 pm

My first builds! From left to right: DBA Soundwave Breakdown (still have to tweak the transistors), Matrix Mixer (doesn't go fully silent on all channels though) and an 'analog bitcrusher' (fully working thanks to eatyourguitar). Spray painted them pastel orange, but I'm pretty sure it will start chipping off real soon. Need to up my finishing game!
Obulus

experienced
experienced

Postby Jero » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:09 pm

Nice looking stuff Obulus^

skullservant wrote:That's killer Jero!

Thanks! I know those aren't technically the type of thing this thread is usually for, but I had to post them SOMEwhere. Was too excited not too :lol: A coworker & I built some giant white trunks and merch cases for them a couple months back, but those didn't get stenciled :(

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Crowella » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:45 am

Not really finished but something I'm working on none the less. Loads of room for improvement. :hug:

This is the wiring mess. :erm:

The oscillation is probably due to the blend feeding back in somehow as I can cull it with the volume, distortion and EQ. So it's going to get more complicated still as right now I'm using the simplest of active blends. :wha?:

The gate didn't work because I accidentally wired it the wrong way. Got it working after the video, hated it. Got rid of it. :facepalm:
Rhythm in jump, dancing close to you
crowella.org
Crowella

interested
interested

Postby Crowella » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:10 am

Bump. Took a few hours to do the paint. Sort of went together far too smoothly and easily. Stressful day. Fat tones.

Rhythm in jump, dancing close to you
crowella.org
Crowella

interested
interested

Postby LaoWiz » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:33 am

Happy New Years folks.

Haven't built anything for myself in a while. Here's a close to be completed ADA flanger board from lectricfx. Never had a flanger before so this should be fun. Missing some parts that I will order soon...

LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gone Fission » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:06 pm

LaoWiz wrote:Happy New Years folks.

Haven't built anything for myself in a while. Here's a close to be completed ADA flanger board from lectricfx. Never had a flanger before so this should be fun. Missing some parts that I will order soon...

I had actually been thinking of that project for the new year, so I'll be watching for updates. I love my little Guyatone, but the ADA is a legend.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:40 pm

My first build of 2015 is Madbeans Dirtbaby - PT2399 digital chip memory man emulator
Populated the board yesterday, and got it boxed up today, so officially completed on the 1st January 2015
I was lucky that someone gave up their PCB for me to try having missed the limited run

I think my PT chip isnt the cleanest; I have about 20 from Tayda that all suck a bit / motorboard on long(er) delay times.
I will try and get a legit clean sounding PT before I do any side by sides, but suffice to say it does cop the vibe of a real Memory Man
The modulation is particularly nice, and the Rate control is a welcome addition.
The only mods I made were to have a 100kb delay control, with a 220k resistor in parallel (for about 70k) allowing for longer delay times.
Oh, actually, I also used polarised caps for the 2.2uF; hopefully I got them the right way round - I just compared to the DEM schematic and went from there. The one connected to the depth control is definitely right anyway ;)
I chose to wire it for true bypass.

For the graphics I just tried to ape the real deal again. Also, this time I went for a landscape orientation with top mounted jacks. Previously with the Dirtbags I had built them portrait; thanks for the inspiration from some other Dbag builds for that.

Here are the money shots:

Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby Jero » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:56 pm

^Damn I want one of those^

Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:17 pm

Jero wrote:^Damn I want one of those^

One of the most frequent responses I have when reading ILF, but totally. Wish I had caught on to this project. I may have to just wait for the updated BBD DMM boards instead.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Effects