Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby eatyourguitar » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:13 pm

vintage russian muff completely violated. JWAR did the darth vader yoda graphics.

WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:02 am

YES!!!!!!!! That looks so bad ass dude!!! Thank you so much!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby ran_dizolph » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:37 am

It was a bit of a slow summer for me build-wise (new house and new baby'll do that!), but I've got a bunch on the go and here's one I wrapped up last night.

Cornish SS-2 w/ switchable Cornish buffer (bit of a nod to Arc Effects, who's knocking out some gorgeous builds):

And an 808RI/Zendrive w/ switchable order (which when stacked is one of the sweetest sounding drives i've heard):

Hexjibber, your etches are effing RIDICULOUS! I've got one I'm going to do soon and am going to follow your guide to the letter! Thanks for sharing your techniques!
ran_dizolph

involved
involved

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:36 pm

Coloursound Dipthonizer (vowel formant envelope filter)

Got a request to build one of these! Sounds wild.

I did a couple of the mods mentioned; BAT41 diodes in position D3 and D4 for some more dynamics to the envelope.
Also, I made the input resistor (R5, stock 180k) a 500k pot. Some reports said that 180k limits the effect output so it doesnt reach unity gain with the bypass signal.
This way, you can dial it for unity, boost, or if you prefer a cut in volume.
Lastly, it states in the build guide to socket R21 (1-10k suggested) I made this a 10k trim pot so you can adjust it to taste. Smaller values increase the filter intensity, apparently.

I put C2 in a socket, its 1nF for now; need to playtest it a bit before I sent it out.

Had to get a bit creative with where the jacks went in a 125b, stole this idea of using platic enclosed jacks UNDER the PCB

Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:03 am

ran_dizolph wrote:(bit of a nod to Arc Effects, who's knocking out some gorgeous builds):

I was about to say, total rip on ARC aesthetics. :D
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby DannDubbleEwe » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:01 am

Y'all's be murderin' it up in this

Just built a sound saw from tagboardeffects layout and I am in love :love: also did the harmonic transformer :drool:
DannDubbleEwe

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ran_dizolph » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:11 am

DannDubbleEwe wrote:Just built a sound saw from tagboardeffects layout and I am in love :love: also did the harmonic transformer :drool:

Been wanting to do some DBA stuff for a while...might throw it on the list!

Another build. This is the controversial(?) Shin Ei Dumbloid, w/ switchable Opamp, Ge or Si clipping. Sounds good! Pics are kinda crap though.

ran_dizolph

involved
involved

Postby Hexjibber » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:44 pm

ran_dizolph wrote:Hexjibber, your etches are effing RIDICULOUS! I've got one I'm going to do soon and am going to follow your guide to the letter! Thanks for sharing your techniques!

Thanks man, glad you're digging them, let me know how you get on with the etch!

Couple of new ones from me:

Tonebender MKIII, fancied some good ol' fashioned fuzz!

Cans are 2N404, Fuzz Dog board with onboard inverter. Box etched with NaOH and some groovy retro themed art doood!

I also gave my Micro POG a new coat!

Cheers!
Graham
Hexjibber

interested
interested

Postby KaosCill8r » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:30 pm

Hexjibber wrote:
ran_dizolph wrote:Hexjibber, your etches are effing RIDICULOUS! I've got one I'm going to do soon and am going to follow your guide to the letter! Thanks for sharing your techniques!

Thanks man, glad you're digging them, let me know how you get on with the etch!

Couple of new ones from me:

Tonebender MKIII, fancied some good ol' fashioned fuzz!

Cans are 2N404, Fuzz Dog board with onboard inverter. Box etched with NaOH and some groovy retro themed art doood!

I also gave my Micro POG a new coat!

Cheers!
Graham

Your etches are so awesome. Very clean work dude. The insides are not too shabby either. :thumb:
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ran_dizolph » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:07 pm

Fauxx Tone Machine on vero (i screwed up the control labels and didn't realize 'til I had it on):

Painted the box for the first time which went on way better than I thought. Cut the label out of a piece of stainless with a dremel.

ran_dizolph

involved
involved

Postby LaoWiz » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:25 am

ran_dizolph wrote:Fauxx Tone Machine on vero (i screwed up the control labels and didn't realize 'til I had it on):

Painted the box for the first time which went on way better than I thought. Cut the label out of a piece of stainless with a dremel.

Dude, looks fucking great. Nice work with the dremel. Great fucking circuit, too. One of my favs for sure....
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby KaosCill8r » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:31 am

DannDubbleEwe wrote:Y'all's be murderin' it up in this

Just built a sound saw from tagboardeffects layout and I am in love :love: also did the harmonic transformer :drool:

The Harmonic Transformer is awesome. They don't seem to be heard of much around here. I have a clone built by CBC. Gets some very weird and crazy sounds.
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby vauxflores » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:50 pm

The latest custom build from my neck of the woods - 3 channels - the first is a darlington-based transparent overdrive, the second is a 4-transistor glitch fuzz, the third is a 4-bit bit-shifter controlled formant filter. The switch takes the ground-dump from the bit-shifter's clock oscillator and feeds it into a clipping array on the fuzz circuit creating a square-wave tremolo of sorts. All-in-one shoe gaze multi-effect - I mean, provided your amp has reverb and whatnot, but close enough.

vauxflores

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Hiero » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:36 pm

Attachments
Vegan Crawler.jpg
Hiero

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby ran_dizolph » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:27 pm

LaoWiz wrote:
ran_dizolph wrote:Fauxx Tone Machine on vero (i screwed up the control labels and didn't realize 'til I had it on):

Dude, looks fucking great. Nice work with the dremel. Great fucking circuit, too. One of my favs for sure....

Thanks!

I hadn't heard one of these in person before, but once i got it on my board I was hooked! This thing with my Micro POG is pretty killer combo.
ran_dizolph

involved
involved

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Effects