fix my dream mangler

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

fix my dream mangler

Postby laekna » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:32 pm

my dream mangler have a problem :mad:
the part vfm works well, the two parts together seems to work well , but the disaster fuzz is not working ... i have only an overdrive with no effect of the the joystick when i use it, and with oscillation only the clean sound with a few distortion noise on the back. Somebody have an idea of what that can be ? it the first time i need to repair something by myself , but i have a camera if a good dude have some idea for helping me :snax:
univalve,JamesHommersen ,askthedust ,jskadiang ,Ragged Trousers ,emanux ,Schlatte ,skullservant *2,mrmtzion ,Dark Barn ,Abanoise *10,chutneyfarmer ,psychedelicrelic ,Necrosis18,kjs,pez period ,DarkAxel ,sluttyindian, DRodriguez,, gae86, bronzetalon*2, jwar, fuzzonaut, peaches ect ect...
laekna

committed
committed

Re: fix my dream mangler

Postby Schlatte » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:40 pm

edit: don't void your warranty. listen to the wife of the aen!
Last edited by Schlatte on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good Deals with: All these fine people!

MOM-D Shark Tank is back! Open Source Designs for musical pleasure! Back in the Tank! Go check it out!
Schlatte

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby aens_wife » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Was it from DC or Devi?

We have a warranty on all our stuff, so feel free to pm me. If you try to fix it yourself, you will void the warranty : (
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:33 pm

Also, from the description, I am not sure it is broken at all. More details needed, please : )
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby laekna » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:46 pm

don't worry this not a new mangler , it's from 2009.
the pedal seems perfect inside (really nice job) , my only problem is the oscillation option that doesn't work with the DF but work well with the 2 pedal together , strange thing.
when i mean doesn't work it's because the sound of the DF is far away , and my clean sound is louder , like two different signal.
anyway thanks for the interest :hug:
univalve,JamesHommersen ,askthedust ,jskadiang ,Ragged Trousers ,emanux ,Schlatte ,skullservant *2,mrmtzion ,Dark Barn ,Abanoise *10,chutneyfarmer ,psychedelicrelic ,Necrosis18,kjs,pez period ,DarkAxel ,sluttyindian, DRodriguez,, gae86, bronzetalon*2, jwar, fuzzonaut, peaches ect ect...
laekna

committed
committed

Postby aens_wife » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Sorry for the delay in answering.

The oscillation should work with the DF side and both together. I would mess around with your settings to see if you can get it going. It doesn't make sense that it would work with both but not one.

And it is normal for the DF to be quieter. You just have to turn the volume on that side way up to get it to match your clean signal.

Just let me know if something here doesn't make sense. and feel free to PM me about it if you want : )
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to DIY Effects