· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Do-it-yourself pedal building

Forum rules

The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!
Post a reply

passive mixer, changed some stuff, doesn't work, help?!

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:58 am

I need something to connect more then my guitar to my pedals at the same time.

Will this passive mixer work? will i lose to much sound from the guitar?

Last edited by sp3k on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: passive mixer, will this work?

Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:57 pm

I think it would work fine, but it depends on the application. You wouldn't lose much if anything from the guitar, cause it's not what's going through the mix. The Input1 and 2 are where you would perceive loss. What are you going to be running into those jacks?

Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:40 pm

input 1 is for a casio keybord i have, it has way more volume then my guitar, so that's why there's a volume pot for it. The second input is for a Peyote space explorer i'm building, thanks to another topic in here :)

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:46 pm

I changed the design a bit, it doesn't work. Probably some ground stuff is wrong.
Help!

Re: passive mixer, changed some stuff, doesn't work, help?!

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Looks like it would work to me. You shouldn't be losing any signal from your guitar since there's no resistance in its signal path.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:20 pm

That should work, just make sure you didn't get sleeve/tip wrong and shunt it all to ground!
What's wrong exactly? Do you get guitar but no In 2, nothing, etc?

Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:23 am

In your diagram, the sleeves and tips of the jacks are backwards. Maybe that's it!

Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:10 pm

Hadn't noticed that. :facepalm: I have a little picture of a jack with "This is the tip. It goes to..." that I always refer to when wiring up because I always forget.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:13 pm

I want to put an analog VU meter on my pedals voltage sag/starve pot. Need help!

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:53 pm

How many threads have you posted this in?! Just start a new one. Anyway, I answered in the "Can I measure your fuzz" one.
Post a reply