Got a few Digitech Grunge pedals for a project but need help

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: Got a few Digitech Grunge pedals for a project but need

Postby mmelnick » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:57 pm

3 years later and the pedals are still in a big box in the basement. I wish i could find someone to take all the guts and transfer them to one enclosure.
mmelnick

interested
interested

Postby Jero » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:16 am

mmelnick wrote:3 years later and the pedals are still in a big box in the basement. I wish i could find someone to take all the guts and transfer them to one enclosure.

:hello: I can do it, but, and won't be free
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:12 am

mmelnick wrote:
mathias wrote:Yeah, nix the momentary tactile button and use a nonlatching footswitch like the nice Carlings that Drasp puts on DL4's. In fact, this might be something for Drasp, but I think he's pretty busy. Wouldn't hurt to email him and ask!

Cool i'll look for him and give him a shout.

I wanted the momentary switches because i'm gonna use this for a desktop device for noise to to be able to blast sporatically on 4 distortions rhythmically might be cool.

For desktop radness arcade buttons could be awesome:

spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Mark of the Beast » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:52 pm

Jero wrote:
McSpunckle wrote:And wasn't one of Danelectro's crappy fab pedals a grunge clone? Maybe that would be a good option for your rehouse experiment.

The big metal Fab Distortion is what I believe you speak of

The FAB Metal (plastic Tonka-Truck looking) and Grunge are different. I'm not sure if the older 50's-looking Fab-tone is the same as the Grunge.

I bought a Grunge for $5 off Craigslist and modded it for less gain and am super happy with the results. There's a lot of response for bass in that pedal.
Mark of the Beast

committed
committed

Postby Paddyob » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:12 pm

I
Love the grunge. However mine is pre digitech. Made in the USA. DOD. It's wicked. Never had to fix a thing. And it's heavily used.

Dirtiest fuzz around. Sooooo dirty.
Paddyob

committed
committed

Next

Return to DIY Effects