TONES - great solo guitar recordings

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: TONES - great solo guitar recordings

Postby moid » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:02 pm

Yes, that one in the brewery is amazingly good too. There's another of him playing a duet with a violin player that is really impressive.

Back on topic, this sound of this recording - Gahan by Yasamin Shahhosseini is evocative and delightful in equal parts... yes I know it's on the oud, but that is a precursor to the guitar.

moid

experienced
experienced

Postby DOSS BS-1 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:27 pm

moid wrote:yes I know it's on the oud, but that is a precursor to the guitar.

Nice. Of course the oud counts! One of my all-time favorite tones of ANY instrument is Anouar Brahem's oud on "The Astounding Eyes Of Rita"

He has a lot of solo oud on his album "Conte De L'Incroyable Amour" but its from 1992 and his tone wasn't quite as warm and beautiful at that time. Definitely worth checking out though. And feel free to share some more oud tones if you got em! Shanir Blumenkranz plays electric oud and has amazing tones but I don't think he has any solo recordings.
-
-
---"Actually I just like fuzz as a friend"---
DOSS BS-1

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:55 am

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby voerking » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:45 am

DOSS BS-1 wrote:Does anyone have recommendations for the following:
4. Is there anything YOU'VE recorded solo that you think has great tones? Don't be shy.

This is something i did years ago that people seem to like. it was all done 100% live. there are some loops & i played some clumsy percussion while also playing guitar.
i find it sort of embarrassing, but....
https://christophertrull.bandcamp.com/releases
voerking

experienced
experienced

Postby moid » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:06 pm

DOSS BS-1 wrote:
moid wrote:yes I know it's on the oud, but that is a precursor to the guitar.

Nice. Of course the oud counts! One of my all-time favorite tones of ANY instrument is Anouar Brahem's oud on "The Astounding Eyes Of Rita"

He has a lot of solo oud on his album "Conte De L'Incroyable Amour" but its from 1992 and his tone wasn't quite as warm and beautiful at that time. Definitely worth checking out though. And feel free to share some more oud tones if you got em! Shanir Blumenkranz plays electric oud and has amazing tones but I don't think he has any solo recordings.

Thanks ever so much for that recommendation, I told my wife about this amazing oud player and she bought me The Astounding Eyes of Rita as a present - what a great surprise! It helps that there is also some great bass clarinet on the tracks (my wife loves clarinet music).
moid

experienced
experienced

Postby moid » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:20 pm

To add to this thread, howabout Some James Blackshaw? He does a lot of collaborations which are wonderful, but from his many solo recordings I'd recommend The Cloud of Unknowing as a masterpiece of twelve string acoustic guitar music

moid

experienced
experienced

Postby MaxMaps » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:12 pm

help me I cant figure out the youtube link :cry:
Last edited by MaxMaps on Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:16 pm

moid wrote:To add to this thread, howabout Some James Blackshaw? He does a lot of collaborations which are wonderful, but from his many solo recordings I'd recommend The Cloud of Unknowing as a masterpiece of twelve string acoustic guitar music

Love James Blackshaw, good shout.

MaxMaps wrote:

The S is silent, to quote Vidret.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:42 pm

D.o.S. wrote:
moid wrote:To add to this thread, howabout Some James Blackshaw? He does a lot of collaborations which are wonderful, but from his many solo recordings I'd recommend The Cloud of Unknowing as a masterpiece of twelve string acoustic guitar music

Love James Blackshaw, good shout.

MaxMaps wrote:

The S is silent, to quote Vidret.

holy fuck why didnt my thick skull get this.

thank you. :hug:

Anyways - huge man crush on Andy Mckee - how he makes an acoustic sound so full and how he writes and composes is just mind blowing and breath taking. Love the pieces he wrote on Harp Guitar - Into the Ocean is another one of my favorites.
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby the_bright_undead » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:38 pm

i love how this guy winds little loops of wire around his strings and lets them rattle back by the bridge as he plays.
good dealings: laowiz, ianmarks, stomping stones, weebles, Errant Tiger, radish, themeanreds, K2000, Never
the_bright_undead

committed
committed

Previous

Return to Music