Trent Reznor - More annoying than Corgan???

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Who's more fucking obnoxious?

Trent Reznor
5%
Billy Corgan
86%
Both equally
9%

Total votes : 56

Re: Trent Reznor - More annoying than Corgan???

Postby chrisdermo » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:41 am

NiN had Broken, The Downward Spiral and Fragile.
Pumpkins had Gish, Siamese Dream and Melon Collie.

The rest of both of their respective catalogues are lightly peppered with gems, but mostly smothered in turd.
Reznor and Corgan are both desperately chasing their former glory and getting nowhere. Personally I tend to ignore when musicians speak about anything other than their own music, it just ends up making me dislike them. People say dumb ugly things, good musicians included.
e.g. Kevin Shields comments on climate change a good few years ago :picard:
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Casavettes » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:34 am

Sometimes it feels like nothing is ever really changing but just moving in circles.
Casavettes

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rustywire » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:45 am

Pretty Hate Machine was instrumental in my angsty adolescent years, through my outta control teenage hook-up years.
Special place for that record in my crates, headspace.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:54 pm

I actually don't think these guys are very annoying. It's kind of refreshing to have public figures say stuff thats not the typical carefully chosen words and I like Corgans Alex Jones wierdery. Give me stuff words that aren't groomed to not offend anyone.

Aren't you fucking sick of every pop star and actor/actress heaping loads of phoney bullshit praise on everyone and everything and regurgitating the same braindead talking points and political views everyone else shares? That kinda shit makes me want to barf and it seems not that if you don't do that you are 'annoying.'

I see this as some kind of symptom of collectivization. Death to commies. Macarthy did nothing wrong.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rustywire » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:16 pm

As someone who has never met or been around Corgan I can easily spot his being an insufferable creep. The tell? Arty, music-obsessive type.
We know our own. But his pretense and narcissism has nothing to do with collectivism and everything to do with the attitudes Reznor is talking about (looking down your nose at perceived lessers (aka everyone) and carrying yourself as an expert on everything)
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:46 pm

repoman wrote:Image

I actually don't think these guys are very annoying. It's kind of refreshing to have public figures say stuff thats not the typical carefully chosen words and I like Corgans Alex Jones wierdery. Give me stuff words that aren't groomed to not offend anyone.

Aren't you fucking sick of every pop star and actor/actress heaping loads of phoney bullshit praise on everyone and everything and regurgitating the same braindead talking points and political views everyone else shares? That kinda shit makes me want to barf and it seems not that if you don't do that you are 'annoying.'

I see this as some kind of symptom of collectivization. Death to commies. Macarthy did nothing wrong.

Awesome post. Does not compute, but I like it anyway.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby GardenoftheDead » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:23 pm

Trent is a grumpy old fuck these days but Corgan is a tinfoil hat wearing Drumpf supporter who had exactly 1 good album.
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:08 pm

Chankgeez wrote:As to Eivind's comments, culture is ever changing & people's concerns with "original" music have to do with getting paid. :snax:

^^^
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:13 am

Iommic Pope wrote:Having said that, BACK IN MY DAY, you didnt give a shit what anyone thought. If people though your band sucked then you consoled yourself by sayig "they just dont get it, man". :p

Also I missed this the first time but this is exactly it. I get that it's a little bit different if you're the face of a well-known b(r)and, and that there's something to be said about the volume of records being pumped out into the ether for albums not getting the attention they 'deserve', but who makes albums for other people, really?

Tangentially, I finally checked out that How to Destroy Angels project and dug it.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:09 am

repoman wrote:I think the internet has been a paradigm shift in terms of creativity.

The good stuff, the really creative stuff is not created from influences, its created in a vacuum where the artist can curl up in his head and come up with stuff that is unique and individual.

I think creativity exists to fill a void and in a sense there are no voids any more because its all filled up readily with media/information/entertainment from the internet.

I don't know if his point that nothing interesting exists anymore because people are afraid of taking risks. In fact, I think it would be much much easier to take risks these days because no one makes any money anymore doing this kind of thing. Maybe in the 90s you could do this and live in a hovel and eat baloney sandwiches every day, you can't do that these days. A risk would have to have some possible negative fallout...doesn't seem realistic that people are inhibited because someone gives them a thumb down on their youtube music video that has 200 views. I do kind of agree that there isn't much interesting stuff out there anymore. This might be the old man yelling at clouds/everything was better in the past cliche or it might be something different. The internet is something I think has far more impact on people than things like TV, Radio.

Fucking clouds they mock us so :oldrant:

One I have with the "nowness" is that questions are to easy to get the "right" answer like WHATFUZZPEDLEDOIUSEGETTHISSOND?????????? :poke: and how you play his like this... yes I know you could say yeah well all those shitty guitar videos where all over the 80's and 90's... not really, you had to buy or borrow the things and they were mostly very lame.. so up until youtube you still had to do more of your own thinking.. but.. is that a bad thing? anyone with a brain can take info and then apply it in their own way and come up with new things. Actually what I see as the problem is the opposite, too much nostalgia and being suck in the good ol days in rock music is killing it and turning it into what classical, jazz and blues is to a lot of people, stale and overly tradition bound... and no it isn't like I am hearing anything really new that I think is interesting... but that is more because most things sound like stuff I have already heard.. I'm sure there will be something really new but it will have to break though a lot of preconceptions, best of luck to you all.
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dark Barn » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:57 am

Ring finger get in the sea!
I've been searchin' for the dolphins in the sea.

The Weak in Review: Weak Arguments Revue
Dark Barn

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:43 am

NSFW: show
Blackened Soul wrote:
repoman wrote:I think the internet has been a paradigm shift in terms of creativity.

The good stuff, the really creative stuff is not created from influences, its created in a vacuum where the artist can curl up in his head and come up with stuff that is unique and individual.

I think creativity exists to fill a void and in a sense there are no voids any more because its all filled up readily with media/information/entertainment from the internet.

I don't know if his point that nothing interesting exists anymore because people are afraid of taking risks. In fact, I think it would be much much easier to take risks these days because no one makes any money anymore doing this kind of thing. Maybe in the 90s you could do this and live in a hovel and eat baloney sandwiches every day, you can't do that these days. A risk would have to have some possible negative fallout...doesn't seem realistic that people are inhibited because someone gives them a thumb down on their youtube music video that has 200 views. I do kind of agree that there isn't much interesting stuff out there anymore. This might be the old man yelling at clouds/everything was better in the past cliche or it might be something different. The internet is something I think has far more impact on people than things like TV, Radio.

Fucking clouds they mock us so :oldrant:

One I have with the "nowness" is that questions are to easy to get the "right" answer like WHATFUZZPEDLEDOIUSEGETTHISSOND?????????? :poke: and how you play his like this... yes I know you could say yeah well all those shitty guitar videos where all over the 80's and 90's... not really, you had to buy or borrow the things and they were mostly very lame.. so up until youtube you still had to do more of your own thinking.. but.. is that a bad thing? anyone with a brain can take info and then apply it in their own way and come up with new things. Actually what I see as the problem is the opposite, too much nostalgia and being suck in the good ol days in rock music is killing it and turning it into what classical, jazz and blues is to a lot of people, stale and overly tradition bound... and no it isn't like I am hearing anything really new that I think is interesting... but that is more because most things sound like stuff I have already heard.. I'm sure there will be something really new but it will have to break though a lot of preconceptions, best of luck to you all.

NSFW: show
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:11 pm

Also:
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:14 pm

Billy has said some pretty unforgivable shit in the past. No way Trent is worse.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:40 pm

Lulz Reznor has been annoying plenty of times, but Corgan always wins in terms of ranked lameness. And fittingly enough the poll is at 23 to 1 (and 1 both), Corgan sitting atop the shitpile. I'm cackling. :lol:
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Music