I'm going to see Boris for the first time

Moderator: Ghost Hip

I'm going to see Boris for the first time

Postby CyaNitrate » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:54 pm

I'm driving two hours to see them on Saturday, and I could not be more excited. I feel like this is a rite of passage, a pilgrimage of sorts.

If you've seen them, share your experiences!
jwar wrote:BRO! There is only one order! Bass>fuzz>fuzz>fuzz>fuzz>overdriven amp. :)

goroth wrote:Come up here and fuzz party. Yes. Fuzz party. It is a legit verb.
CyaNitrate

experienced
experienced

Re: I'm going to see Boris for the first time

Postby Iommic Pope » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:01 pm

They played a best of set when they toured here a few years back.
It was bananas.
All the doom, the drone and stoner you could handle with jpop bang in the middle.
Made me realise that this band can literally do anything and kill it.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:41 am

Seen em twice, both times ruled. Atsuo is great to watch, gets super psyched, stands up behind the kit. Wata just kind of stands like a statue, albeit a lovely, doomily perfect one. You will not be disappointed by the show, I'll wager.

Side note--I met them at Whole Foods (!!!) a few months ago. They were insanely shy. Wata and another lady (who was wearing a face mask) were engaged in the most deliberate, precise process of packing groceries that I'll ever see. It was amazing.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:58 am

Everyday Boris life would be a sight to behold.
Yeah Atsuo is fucking great.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby CyaNitrate » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:41 am

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear, and yeah..."Boris goes grocery shopping"..could be a hit? Haha

Also, much to my wife's chagrin, I totally plan on grabbing the super special edition Pink on Pink ECT, if they have them by Saturday. Fingers crossed! C'mon Aen! :D
jwar wrote:BRO! There is only one order! Bass>fuzz>fuzz>fuzz>fuzz>overdriven amp. :)

CyaNitrate

experienced
experienced

Postby Eivind August » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:43 am

Seen them twice, both times in Tokyo. The first was as part of MASF's fifth anniversary, where they played a sorta greatest hits-ish show with loads of older material. It was glorious, more or less a perfect set. The second time was the New Noise Literacy show, which I planned my second trip to Japan around. Endon set up in the audience, Boris on stage. Endon played an amazing set first, then Boris played a cool set (though with a slight focus on the material from Noise, which though it is good was not as exciting as the older material). But then both bands played at the same time, fucking slaying everything, Atsuo stage diving like a madman, the crowd turning into a wild moshpit squashed between these two incredible forces of ultraloud sound. It was an amazing experience.

In short, you won't be disappoint. Since they're playing Pink in its entirety (with the pauses as Lindsey Buckingham intended), you're in for a treat. Hope they take the tour to Europe eventually.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby kbit » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:48 am

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:24 am

They do not make good music now but they still play their good music live I think and they play it really fucking loud. Or at least they used to.

Saw them touring on Pink the first time -- excited to see them touring on Pink the second time. Much more excited than if they were touring any material after Smile, tbqh.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:20 pm

Yeah... I haven't enjoyed their stuff that much since Smile besides the black metal song of the split with Torche and some random songs from the J-pop album.

Last time I saw them (May I think) they were not that loud nor exciting as the first times I saw them, but maybe I was just boring of seeing them like for 9th or 10th time and I just feel I "must" see them every time they come.

That show with Michio in 2011 I think has to be the best show I've ever seen though... I guess I'd still go this Friday because of Farewell and Just Abandoned MySelf.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Pete » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:15 pm

Whoa, I had no idea about this tour, so I just looked them up to see if they're coming to Boston (they are), and got my ticket. Thank you!!!
Pete

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:15 pm

Grab a beer?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:52 pm

Aww shit, it's on!

Boris post Smile is essentially another band for me. I love them both for different reasons. Old Boris will always be one of my favorite sounds —but I am a fan of softer genres with noise on top, so new Boris is also cool in my book. :thumb:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby boomslang » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:52 am

Is this part of their 'playing Pink in full' tour? Should be good, I'm excited for you, you're in for a treat.

I saw them play the Opera House for VIVID a few years back, when it curated by Lou Reed. It wasn't even expensive.

They played Feedbacker in full and followed it up with a few other numbers like Rainbow (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/boris/201 ... 20ed9.html). I consider it easily top 5 ever gigs been to.
boomslang

interested
interested

Postby CyaNitrate » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:31 pm

Yeah, as far as I know it's all Pink. Which I'm excited for. Tickets were $20, which is fine, only bummer is driving two hours to Phoenix. They played Flagstaff about a month ago, which is much closer, but I didn't find out about it until three days after the fact and was super pissed about it.

CyaNitrate

experienced
experienced

Postby boomslang » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:08 am

RO)))AD TRIP
boomslang

interested
interested

Next

Return to Music