No no, I was saying that LOL

I was narrating my own life
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Noise Music

Postby kbit » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:13 pm

Yellow Swans 4ever
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frodog » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:27 pm

Yesyes to Yellow Swans.

I do feel some noise music/performance, have had periods in the past where I'd listen to a lot of that, and drone. If you're feeling really bad it can be good therapy. Not too much into very harsh stuff for any length of time, but always love noisy guitar/bass/voice/shrieking things/feedback, as long as it's a bit smeared and has some warmth. Tape loops. And field recordings, found sounds, because obviously the world is noise and music can harness that chaos allowing rarefied/personal views.

I should probably pause there and just acknowledge that I haven't followed the noise scene a lot ever, there are just ssooo many ultra-prolific acts/artists in that vein it seems. Will probably pick up that thread again at a later point, just order a bunch of random tapes from niche labels...

One guy I remember checking out and who blew my mind performance-wise is Justice Yeldham. The sounds he makes with glass are kinda incredible. Never seen him live, might get squeamish if I did, but here's a video without blood.

http://dualplover.com/yeldham/
Last edited by frodog on Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dark Barn » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:37 pm

I was an awkward teen who listened almost exclusively to "experimental" music for a two year phase.

Some of my favorites:

Nurse With Wound
The Hafler Trio
Merzbow
Smegma
The Anti-Group
Laibach (in particular the Krst Pod Triglavom soundtrack, most of their stuff is more conventional)
SPK
H.N.A.S. (check my avatar, yo)
Legendary Pink Dots (when they aren't being a synth-psych-pop band they make a lot of noise)
Severed Heads (the early stuff)

Also love the production of 80's Foetus records, even though they are noise rock they really came from left field in a seminal sort of way that I think had a ripple effect on the industry years later.
I've been searchin' for the dolphins in the sea.

The Weak in Review: Weak Arguments Revue
Dark Barn

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby the raytownian » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:15 pm

I'm just popping in to say that "Harsh Noise Wally" is the cutest noise pun ever, and I'm kicking myself for not thinking of it.
the raytownian

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:39 pm

kbit wrote:Yellow Swans 4ever

Been listening a bit to "Going places" lately. It's pretty damn great, so thanks. :thumb:

Also been listening to some stuff from this instagram dude who likes the same pedals as me: https://yasuhitofujinami.bandcamp.com/ Some really cool stuff on there.

Also also, Harsh Noise Wally rules.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby kbit » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:58 pm

Going Places is my favorite album. At All Ends and Descension are other good records of their to check out that are kinda similar in sound, though At All Ends is way more dissonant/disorienting. I'd never felt more like I was on drugs because of music than I did listening to At All Ends really loud alone.

Their earlier stuff has more drum machines and chaos, as does most of Pete Swanson's post-Yellow Swans work.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:55 pm

Cool, will check them out. Thanks for the tip.

Currently listening to Fertile by KK Null while reading. Really good, interesting stuff. Love the way he slowly builds up his HNW ( :D ) and the sudden bursts of rhytmical, minimalist power electronics.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby daseb » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:26 pm

frodog wrote:
One guy I remember checking out and who blew my mind performance-wise is Justice Yeldham. The sounds he makes with glass are kinda incredible. Never seen him live, might get squeamish if I did, but here's a video without blood.

He's really worth seeing. Not every performance ends in him covered in his own blood and even then there's a weird disconnected to it. He's on the floor doing his thing with a big bit of glass over his face and you're standing at a remove watching it. It's kind of hard to explain but I'm squeamish about blood and self harm and I've seen him a bunch of times.
daseb

experienced
experienced

Postby Faldoe » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:30 pm

frodog wrote:Yesyes to Yellow Swans.

I do feel some noise music/performance, have had periods in the past where I'd listen to a lot of that, and drone. If you're feeling really bad it can be good therapy. Not too much into very harsh stuff for any length of time, but always love noisy guitar/bass/voice/shrieking things/feedback, as long as it's a bit smeared and has some warmth. Tape loops. And field recordings, found sounds, because obviously the world is noise and music can harness that chaos allowing rarefied/personal views.

I should probably pause there and just acknowledge that I haven't followed the noise scene a lot ever, there are just ssooo many ultra-prolific acts/artists in that vein it seems. Will probably pick up that thread again at a later point, just order a bunch of random tapes from niche labels...

That is sick

I saw Prurient open for Godflesh last night. Really good. First kind of noise set I've ever seen live.
Faldoe

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:34 pm

I can't get into Prurient -- or at least not the new one everyone was raving about. Too song-y for me.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to Music