the most dynamic punk band ever

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: the most dynamic punk band ever

Postby casecandy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:12 pm

D.o.S. wrote:
casecandy wrote:Plebian heresy, I'm sure.

Correct.

Minutemen are unimpeachable.
Hey breaux, if you can strongly dislike/be all "meh" about The Smiths, then, surely, I can definitely be merely not into the Minutemen...

...and think that The Replacements were/are better than both :thumb:
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:13 pm

No.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Maybe.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Ok.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:34 pm

No.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:36 pm

I love The Replacements (especially Bob Stinson), but there's no fucking way they're better than Minutemen.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby casecandy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:16 pm

I don't think it's the craziest thing ever suggested. They sure had a lot to say...
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:39 pm

casecandy wrote:I don't think it's the craziest thing ever suggested. They sure had a lot to say...

NSFW: show

The Replacements [or Smiths] Vs The minute Men? no.

no…

not even close.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby casecandy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:48 pm

Well, I'm not gonna fight about The Smiths on ILF again. But I mean, I really don't think I'm out of bounds saying Replacements are as good, if you won't give me better, at least concede as good. Fuck, even D.o.S. did. That ought to tell you something. I mean... songs like "Bastards of Young," "Androgynous," "Alex Chilton," "Can't Hardly Wait," "Unsatisfied." I know Minutemen were important but were they more important that that ouvre? It would be pretty hard to find a band in American rock today that isn't heavily influenced by the 'Mats.

Anyway, I don't wanna get all foaming at the mouth! I'm actually enjoying being chill on ILF lately...? Go figure.

Everybody, I'm proud to say, I listened to Double Nickels again and I'm starting to really love it. Vocals are not my thing but the writing is amazing. "I'm a cesspool for all the shit to run down in." That line (in the context of the rest of the song) is incredible. Don't know why I didn't like it before.
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 pm

This one's for you, casecandy:

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:27 am

casecandy wrote:Well, I'm not gonna fight about The Smiths on ILF again. But I mean, I really don't think I'm out of bounds saying Replacements are as good, if you won't give me better, at least concede as good. Fuck, even D.o.S. did. That ought to tell you something. I mean... songs like "Bastards of Young," "Androgynous," "Alex Chilton," "Can't Hardly Wait," "Unsatisfied." I know Minutemen were important but were they more important that that ouvre? It would be pretty hard to find a band in American rock today that isn't heavily influenced by the 'Mats.

Anyway, I don't wanna get all foaming at the mouth! I'm actually enjoying being chill on ILF lately...? Go figure.

Everybody, I'm proud to say, I listened to Double Nickels again and I'm starting to really love it. Vocals are not my thing but the writing is amazing. "I'm a cesspool for all the shit to run down in." That line (in the context of the rest of the song) is incredible. Don't know why I didn't like it before.

:idk: I have nothing against the Replacements, but, in context, they are/were not as diverse or dynamics the Minutemen and more imortanty they did not write if Reagan played disco :thumb:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby casecandy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:05 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:[The Replacements] are/were not as diverse or dynamics the Minutemen

While I agree that the Minutemen were incredibly diverse (jazz influences much?), the way that you phrase it makes it sound like the 'Mats weren't diverse. That's just crazy. In the span of a decade they went from being a hardcore band to a boozy bar-rock band to an alt-country band (and weren't strangers to jazz and Broadway twinges here and there, either).

Plus there was their ability to shift moods from song to song and make you laugh within minutes of having made you want to cry.

The Replacements... always had some fun irreverent songs in the mix to kind of like, offset the more serious songs... that seemed like a good idea to me. (Patrick Stickles of Titus Andronicus)
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:23 pm

casecandy wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:[The Replacements] are/were not as diverse or dynamics the Minutemen

While I agree that the Minutemen were incredibly diverse (jazz influences much?), the way that you phrase it makes it sound like the 'Mats weren't diverse. That's just crazy. In the span of a decade they went from being a hardcore band to a boozy bar-rock band to an alt-country band (and weren't strangers to jazz and Broadway twinges here and there, either).

The Replacements were never a hardcore band.

The Replacements were a great band. (No doubt about that.)

Less so after kicking out Bob Stinson. He played an essential foil to Westerberg.

Mudfuzz's statement is accurate.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby casecandy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:28 pm

Okay. I'm cool with agreeing to disagree here.
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:51 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Music