Live Acts You're Most Looking Forward To

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Live Acts You're Most Looking Forward To

Postby casecandy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:27 am

Dungus wrote:Gorguts are coming to Glasgow with Dysrhythmia in the new year. Which is blimmin' nice of them. :thumb:

Fuck, they must be awesome live.
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:15 am

Dungus wrote:Gorguts are coming to Glasgow with Dysrhythmia in the new year. Which is blimmin' nice of them. :thumb:

Just came here to post this, except yeah. Stockholm. So fucking excited. And they're playing with Nero Di Marte who rule very hard.

But seriously.

Gorguts.

:!!!:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby odontophobia » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:39 am

goroth wrote:

Just came here to post this, except yeah. Stockholm. So fucking excited. And they're playing with Nero Di Marte who rule very hard.

But seriously.

Gorguts.

:!!!:

Sounds like a killer show.

In the next month I'll have the opportunity to see All Them Witches and The Sword/Royal Thunder.

Could be worse. Could be nothing.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby kbit » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:40 am

All Them Witches killed it live when I saw them, way better than their recordings.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:16 am

Oh shit, they're playing Saturday night in Atlanta!

Their new album is pretty good. Definitely not as heavy but there are still some jams. Way more psych than before.

My wife was hanging out with the girl from Royal Thunder when we saw Young Widows. We didn't even realize it till right before we left, she mentioned she played and we Googled them and i was like "Shit! Your new lady friend is signed to Relapse."
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:04 am

neonblack wrote:Oh shit, they're playing Saturday night in Atlanta!

Their new album is pretty good. Definitely not as heavy but there are still some jams. Way more psych than before.

My wife was hanging out with the girl from Royal Thunder when we saw Young Widows. We didn't even realize it till right before we left, she mentioned she played and we Googled them and i was like "Shit! Your new lady friend is signed to Relapse."

yeah. I really enjoy Royal Thunder. I like the new record a lot.

You're right about the new All Them Witches. Way more pysch vibe than heavy. I haven't spun it too much. Secret Satan '14 coming full circle though. You showed them to me last year.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:48 pm

Russian Circles are coming back to Cambridge in January. That'll be fun.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:10 pm

odontophobia wrote:yeah. I really enjoy Royal Thunder. I like the new record a lot.

You're right about the new All Them Witches. Way more pysch vibe than heavy. I haven't spun it too much. Secret Satan '14 coming full circle though. You showed them to me last year.

Oh yeah that's right! I was going to get that for you on vinyl too but they were sold out :(

"Dirt Preachers" off the new one is pretty awesome. The rest are good too but that one gets me pretty pumped.

I hope Russian Circlez come back to ATL soon. I almost hit Brian Cook with my car last time as he crossed the street. I'd never be able to show my face on the internet again.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:14 am

Russian Circles were great the last time I saw them, which was just over a month ago. I really enjoy their live performances.

I remember a few years back they were touring with Minus the Bear and the show came through Grand Rapids. They played a short set, probably 3-4 songs max before their set ended. Well the Minus the Bear show was done pretty early, maybe 10:30 or something.

My buddy and I walked up the street to the DIY spot where some friends of mine were throwing an after show featuring a secret set.

Secret set turned out to be a Russian Circles headlining set of Enter in its entirety with a special freestyle from POS in one of the tracks, which you couldn't hear anyway because their sound was so massive they drowned out any vocals.

That was before Brian was in the band though. Whatevs. Still sweet.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby ProCarsteNation » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:35 pm

ATW! Wanna see them in march somewhere, possibly Cologne...
Hey Matt! Would the 5th of march coincide with the inking of your body? Then we could also do other things with your body...

Aaaand I'm gonna see Clutch in Berlin next Saturday...Jibbie!
aural conjunctions on SC

I hate moodswings are awesome! Oh, and I usually post when I'm way too tired...
Invisible Man wrote:do something selfish and live a little.
ProCarsteNation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:23 am

I'll be in cologne on the 11th and 12th and the 1st and 2nd of April. I think.

What is atw? Do I like atw?

Bloodbath with paradise lost dude are playing on the 16th here. Little club show. Could be super awesome but I dunno if I can go yet. Grrr.

But January will be great. 31st. Behemoth, Abbath, Entombed AD and Inquistion. And Abbath should have a new album out. :!!!: hope he plays a whole bunch of stuff from the I album.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby ProCarsteNation » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:00 pm

All Them Witches.... 'tis true, they might not be metal enough for you ;)

And I'm a metal-pleb, I think I haven't heard any of the bands you mentioned. Unless Entombed AD isn't different from Entombed..?
aural conjunctions on SC

I hate moodswings are awesome! Oh, and I usually post when I'm way too tired...
Invisible Man wrote:do something selfish and live a little.
ProCarsteNation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:52 pm

goroth wrote:I'll be in cologne on the 11th and 12th and the 1st and 2nd of April. I think.

What is atw? Do I like atw?

Bloodbath with paradise lost dude are playing on the 16th here. Little club show. Could be super awesome but I dunno if I can go yet. Grrr.

But January will be great. 31st. Behemoth, Abbath, Entombed AD and Inquistion. And Abbath should have a new album out. :!!!: hope he plays a whole bunch of stuff from the I album.

Neonblack sent me down the All Them Witches rabbit trail last year for Secret Satan. They're cool, can get fuzzy and rowdy but it's just some good rock tunes that teeter on the mellow side from time to time with some unique instrumentation in terms of what the generic rock band might otherwise play. Sort of.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby kbit » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:58 pm

I'm going to see Kevin Devine with a slew of guest musicians (Jesse Lacey, Mike Kinsella, Cymbals Eat Guitars, Meredith Graves, etc) & I'm pretty stoked. I've never seen him with a full band.

Plus my good friend from home is coming to visit for it. Seeing Kevin with said friend was my first show without parents way back when so it's got some sentiment to it.
Last edited by kbit on Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bigchiefbc » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:08 am

Just scored tix to Russian Circles in Harvard Sq in January. FUCK YA
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Music