The Foo Fighters

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Foo Fighters

Postby bigchiefbc » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:15 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Grohl doesn't play on Bleach.

I really like the Probot record.

Yeah, Bleach was Chad Channing. And his drumming was pretty damned solid, as well.

Grohl was still in Scream when Bleach came out.
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:31 pm

Scream is also pretty rad.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:40 pm

bigchiefbc wrote::erm: a bit of too-cool-for-school hipsterdom going on here. Like someone else said, as far as mainstream, made-for-radio rock goes, they're better than most.

:p
really I like his drumming and Skeeter [King Buzzo EP] is one of my favorite songs but, I not like the Foo… I wanted to when they came out but it was like "Nirvana spawned this? how? :cry:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby darkfield » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:44 pm

Grohl is a cool guy, and Scream is the shit but foos are nothing more than a mediocre Swervedriver ripoff.
darkfield

committed
committed

Postby dase » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:05 pm

Not liking something is hipsterdom?
dase

HERO
HERO

Postby D.o.S. » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:05 pm

I don't know if I hear that, and I love the Swervies.

Someone else said something about 'radio rock,' and that's more or less the entirety of my thoughts on the FF.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:07 pm

dase wrote:Not liking something is hipsterdom?

Yes, now every time you don't like crappy shit they play on the radio and reality shows you are a hipster...
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby bigchiefbc » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:41 pm

;) No, it's more that I generally find that most people on ILF tend to get a hate on anything mainstream, that's all. It was mostly a tongue-in-cheek comment. I'm basically a mainstream kid at heart and I never know who the hell 99.9% of the bands that most of you guys talk about. So I compensate by calling all of you hipsters :lol:

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby The Mad Titan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:42 pm

bigchiefbc wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:Grohl doesn't play on Bleach.

I really like the Probot record.

Yeah, Bleach was Chad Channing. And his drumming was pretty damned solid, as well.

Grohl was still in Scream when Bleach came out.

No shit. Did not know that.
The Mad Titan

committed
committed

Postby AxAxSxS » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:46 pm

bigchiefbc wrote:

;) No, it's more that I generally find that most people on ILF tend to get a hate on anything mainstream, that's all. It was mostly a tongue-in-cheek comment. I'm basically a mainstream kid at heart and I never know who the hell 99.9% of the bands that most of you guys talk about. So I compensate by calling all of you hipsters :lol:

The thing is, most of the mainstream, commercially designed stuff doesn't hold a candle to bands that make music for reasons other than income. It's well documented that bands that get big tend to loose their edge. There are, of course a few notable exceptions, but most follow the Metallica template.
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:56 pm

If I had James Hetfields bank balance, I'd be quite happy to be sticking to the template.

It would get boring as fuck after a while though, so I'd probably go full Corgan and have some kind of synth out lameathon at some point, just to stay ridiculous.

I will say though, I have always wanted enough money to have a full gospel band complete with an organist/modular synth, brass section and female backing section to tour music that sounds like Parliament covering Sabbath.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bigchiefbc » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:59 pm

AxAxSxS wrote:
bigchiefbc wrote:

The thing is, most of the mainstream, commercially designed stuff doesn't hold a candle to bands that make music for reasons other than income. It's well documented that bands that get big tend to loose their edge. There are, of course a few notable exceptions, but most follow the Metallica template.

Like I said, it was tongue-in-cheek; i.e. a joke. I just generally feel like I can't contribute anything at all to the music forum here because I don't know most of the bands that get talked about. When a band I know gets brought up, it's usually getting shit on. :lol:

Achtane wrote:

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby GardenoftheDead » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:16 pm

I think they're ok. I don't complain if someone's playing them in the car but I don't necessarily seek them out.
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:06 am

Iommic Pope wrote:It would get boring as fuck after a while though, so I'd probably go full Corgan and have some kind of synth out lameathon at some point, start making furniture commercials, start some sort of pro wrestling thing, fire off random incoherent rants at everything, shit on my musical legacy, just to stay ridiculous.

fix'd
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Iommic Pope » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:40 am

:lol:
Yeah fuck it, that just about sums it up.
Although, I suppose you have to hand it to Dave Grohl, he hasn't done that.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Music